RC51 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been dreaming of an RC51 for years, and I think getting close to pulling the trigger. I have a few bikes in the garage already (ST1300, KLR650, CRF405X, CBR1000f[not running]), and part of me wonders if I'll ever really ride it given the ergonomics of the bike and the ergonomics of my body :). I can't really afford to pick one up then just have it sit on the coffee table.

Anyone in the area willing to let me throw a leg over yours at the very least so I can see if it's a torture rack or not? I'm in the far northern suburbs of Chicago. I don't get out for a lot of day rides, and I'm not going back to the racetrack for a few years at least, so I'm trying to justify an RC versus something I'd ride more...

·
Registered
34 Posts
You don't need to sit on an RC 51 perse. Just go into any one of the Big Four Japanese dealers in your area and sit on the most aggressive liter bike that they offer. e.g. CBR 1000RR, YZF R1, ZX 10R, GSXR 1000. If you are uncomfortable on any of these, you will be uncomfortable on the RC.

In comparison to the RC, your CBR 1000F will feel like a sport touring bike. Both in ergonomics and weight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts