RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the opportunity to share my GM employee discount with 2 friends between now and April 30th. Only requirements are the purchase is in the US and you must have a competitors vehicle in your posession at the time of the transaction. Anyone interested let me know and I'll give your futher information.

GM has done this a few times previously. I was able to save a few guys some money on another forum I am on. This is available on most new GM cars and trucks (I don't think the Z28 and Corvette Z06 are part of the deal).

Nick Seslar

·
Registered
527 Posts
Friends In High Places.

I have the opportunity to share my GM employee discount with 2 friends between now and April 30th. Only requirements are the purchase is in the US and you must have a competitors vehicle in your posession at the time of the transaction. Anyone interested let me know and I'll give your futher information.

GM has done this a few times previously. I was able to save a few guys some money on another forum I am on. This is available on most new GM cars and trucks (I don't think the Z28 and Corvette Z06 are part of the deal).

Nick Seslar

Hello, Nick.
Outstanding offer & very kind of you to share with us on the Forum.
But do you know that after having 2 vehicles registered to me in the Kingdom, I cannot purchase a third. Yup. Just found that out myself.
By the way. You mentioned 2 friends. If I'm one, who's the other one ? You do know that I'm very possesive & jealous, Nick. Now hand over your cell phone so that I can redial the last call made & find out who you've neen talking to !!!!

Take Care,
Atif.

Attachments

·
Registered
753 Posts
Hello, Nick.
But do you know that after having 2 vehicles registered to me in the Kingdom, I cannot purchase a third. Yup. Just found that out myself.
By the way. You mentioned 2 friends. If I'm one, who's the other one ? You do know that I'm very possesive & jealous, Nick. Now hand over your cell phone so that I can redial the last call made & find out who you've neen talking to !!!!

Take Care,
Atif.
hahahahaha, that made me smile today.

Thats a very generous offer to throw out there, I'm sure some lucky sod will take you up on it!

I do need one but finances being what they are I won't be able to use it. Much appreciated though and all the very best!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hello, Nick.

Take Care,
Atif.
Stupid question, can your wife own a vehicle? Can you title one to her or a child?

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I qualify and if you want to buy me a new car, I am so down for that. :eek::D:p
I don't think that you have what I would want for me to buy you a new car:eek::eek:

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello, Nick.

Take Care,
Atif.
LOL... sorry you can only have 2 vehicles registed. Does save on cost for license plates tho I bet.... I have to registered 10 vehicles including the trailer.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Question Quandries,

Stupid question, can your wife own a vehicle? Can you title one to her or a child?

Hey There, 92VFR.
Here you cannot title a vehicle to a child or the wife as they cannot operate one.
It's not that the Saudis do not want women to drive, but instead worry about some unintended consequences on the road for their womenfolk, as they are very protective toward them.

I knew one nurse in Chicago who was being forced off the road at 3 AM after her shift & if it weren't for a big rig driver, she likely would've disappeared from the face of the Earth.
Anyway, before I get a lot of flak for the above, let me just say that this is a matter for Saudi society to decide upon & one should not impose one's own values or thinking on another society or culture because it doesn't fit a percieved norm.

Now, how about posting what some of you did on vacation ?

P.S. There is NEVER such a thing as a stupid question. Only individuals who are too arrogant or proud to answer or ask one.

Attachments

·
Registered
753 Posts
Hey There, 92VFR.

It's not that the Saudis do not want women to drive, but instead worry about some unintended consequences on the road for their womenfolk, as they are very protective toward them.

Anyway, before I get a lot of flak for the above, let me just say that this is a matter for Saudi society to decide upon & one should not impose one's own values or thinking on another society or culture because it doesn't fit a percieved norm.

P.S. There is NEVER such a thing as a stupid question. Only individuals who are too arrogant or proud to answer or ask one.
Muhammad, you're clearly very well read and educated, I have some great friends from Qatar and UAE that I taught to fly and it's always been interesting to learn how they live and their countries social habits, I think you put that last post quite eloquently.

Now back to business I don't suppose I could use it towards a Cadillac ATS?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hey There, 92VFR.
Here you cannot title a vehicle to a child or the wife as they cannot operate one.

I knew one nurse in Chicago who was being forced off the road at 3 AM after her shift & if it weren't for a big rig driver, she likely would've disappeared from the face of the Earth.

No judgement here Doc, just curiosity. I know of many folks that have numerous cars over there and wonder what game they played to get them. I have traveled outside of the USA many times and fully understand that you play by the host country's rules or it could easily become a bad day.

There are 3 people in my household and combined we have 4 cars, 3 motorcycles and 2 boats. I am sure that we could live with less, but I would rather not!

Thanks for the knowledge.

Leo

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Hey There, 92VFR.

Doc, I'll be honest and say that seems pretty ridiculous to me ... BUT, it also doesn't seem like any sort of human rights issue that other countries should think about getting involved in to change. I imagine that someday the females will get enough of it and that rule will be over-thrown ... maybe a looong time from now, and of course maybe never, but as Prince says, 'forever is a mighty long time.' :D :p

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Muhammad, you're clearly very well read and educated, I have some great friends from Qatar and UAE that I taught to fly and it's always been interesting to learn how they live and their countries social habits, I think you put that last post quite eloquently.

If you live in the US and own a compeitors vehicle (car not bike) and take delivery before 4-30 you should be ok. Check with your dealer and ask him what the GMS price is. Thst is the gm employee discount. You would also get any applicable rebates.
I have to wait till to monday l to get my logon id reset to get back in the system. Got locked out last night.
If you find out this is a go Ill need some info from you to get the discount code. I can do that Monday.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Barbershop Quartet.

I think I was having one of my lucid moments there, Rossco.
By the way. What type of birds did you teach your friends to fly ? Fixed wing or helos ?

No judgement here Doc, just curiosity. I know of many folks that have numerous cars over there and wonder what game they played to get them. I have traveled outside of the USA many times and fully understand that you play by the host country's rules or it could easily become a bad day.

There are 3 people in my household and combined we have 4 cars, 3 motorcycles and 2 boats. I am sure that we could live with less, but I would rather not!

Thanks for the knowledge.

Leo

No problemo, Leo. But are you sure your friends lived in KSA (Saudi Arabia) ?
Or was it another Gulf country ?

Doc, I'll be honest and say that seems pretty ridiculous to me ... BUT, it also doesn't seem like any sort of human rights issue that other countries should think about getting involved in to change. I imagine that someday the females will get enough of it and that rule will be over-thrown ... maybe a looong time from now, and of course maybe never, but as Prince says, 'forever is a mighty long time.' :D :p

I agree, Extrapolator. Someday that'll happen & it may not take forever with the way changes are taking place in the Kingdom.
And I like Prince, as well. And his songs are not too bad too !!!!

If you live in the US and own a compeitors vehicle (car not bike) and take delivery before 4-30 you should be ok. Check with your dealer and ask him what the GMS price is. Thst is the gm employee discount. You would also get any applicable rebates.
I have to wait till to monday l to get my logon id reset to get back in the system. Got locked out last night.
If you find out this is a go Ill need some info from you to get the discount code. I can do that Monday.

Too bad the Corvette isn't covered, Nick. I think I'm having a midlife crisis.
Now, where's that cell 'phone of yours, so that I can find out who the "other friend" is in your life ?!?

P.S. Picture is of a specialty meat shop in Lahore, selling everything from trout from the Northern areas of Pakistan, to camel meat.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,454 Posts

Too bad the Corvette isn't covered, Nick. I think I'm having a midlife crisis.

Doc ... I've been telling my friends for decades that I seem to live like my whole life is a midlife crisis ... always buying cars and motorcycles and toys ... and so nobody's gonna be able to tell when I'm actually having one :eek: :eek: :p :D

·
Registered
753 Posts
Thanks Motley, I'll ask the GF, she's the one that wants a new ATS, me I have my RC and a sexy 95 Buick Lesaber Limited.... Which has some idiosyncrasies haha

I think I was having one of my lucid moments there, Rossco.
By the way. What type of birds did you teach your friends to fly ? Fixed wing or helos ?
Hey Doc, I teach helos, but do fly both :D

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok the boss says, can she have this offer at the end of the year please?? haha i'm like, "I can but ask"...
Sorry but GM is only doing this through the end of the month. They may do it again later but no guarantees.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
I already have one GM and my Mazda....I would like one of those sexy new Chevy trucks you make next year....but I need a guarantee that you helped build it.:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts