RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a tank off ebay which stated original "perfect" Nicky hayden tank. Got the tank today with small dent and signature/AMA decal looks questionable. You can also tell specific areas were touched up and re-clear coated. Can anyone please post some close ups of there signature area so i can maybe determine if this tank is complete Bull?

Premium Member
I know mine was right out of the create when I bought it. Even helped the dealer set the bike up since I knew the dealer. There is no clear coat on the decal. I will get a pic of mine this week for you.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #3
I know mine was right out of the create when I bought it. Even helped the dealer set the bike up since I knew the dealer. There is no clear coat on the decal. I will get a pic of mine this week for you.
yea i got screwed, on decals like that my experience has been they are never clear coated over. the tank has been repainted and clear coated over.

Premium Member
I stand corrected I just shot pics for you and run my fingers over the decal. It is clear coated as you can not feel the thickness of the decal.
It is very funny cause I replaced my upper fairing and the decals on it are not clear coated even the new one from Honda was not clear coated.
See Pics

Attachments

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #6
Most tank decals are cleared over! The rest of the decals are not!
i guess that would make more sense. for some reason the
aprilia mille championship tank decals aren't. idk why. makes me at least think my tank is authentic.....just touched up and dented. thanks for the help guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts