RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
I just watched it..... But too tired to post any spoiler info. :)

I love Motegi..... Should have placed my shirt order with Stig..... Of course it would have to be a 3XL in Japanese sizing.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app bitches

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
I'm close enough but the wouldn't let me catch a hop lol. Something about a typhoon in the area lol. Plus they told me I was here to work n not chase motorcycle races lol. They can't take a joke man some bosses

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As I post this, the race has already been run, I don't know the results, and I'm just getting ready to watch the Qualifying. I heard that was pretty good (snuck a look at the news). I gotta say, I really like the Motogp.com site.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
I didn't make it in the end, shame - as I had both bikes ready to go but my friend needed to be with his wife & new baby to help out. As a parent, I totally understood.

Watched it at their place over dinner last night instead. The end battle with Bautista & Cruchlow was good, but so tragic what happened at the end (No Spoiler)! :)

In an effort to tempt him, I did let him ride the VFR 750 on Friday night, which he absolutely loved. Still feels rock solid and pin-point accurate (It's not standard :D) & not intimidating at all to ride quickly on. He's not had a bike for 2 years (Been trying to tempt him to get an RC51 too during his absence of tenure) so we've promised to get out for a ride together around the roads of Fuji in the next few weeks instead. Will try to get some pics of that. Hopefully the mountain top isn't going to be hiding in the clouds. :D

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Sorry you couldn't make it there Stig, the babies come first as most of us know.;)

Maybe next year....Pictures are a must of Fuji-san, he is quite magestic on cloud free days. My former Japanese supervisor's house was located close enough for great pictures he would share, especially during the cherry blossoms in spring from his garden.

Tell your friend congrats too.:cool:

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
I have lots of pics from Fuji, as we used to live 15 mins from Yamanaka lake, at the foot of the mountain. I can post some pics on another thread sometime. :)
Would be nice to have some taken on a recent ride, though.
Mountain's clearer in winter and best with a snow cap - but it gets a bit cold & icy on the tarmac too, then. Tyres don't get very warm...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts