Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Sadly they're all SOLD out!
I enquired and can't get one in Japan. :(

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Yep, at over double what they cost in Japan + shipping!! :D

That's a lot to pay for some HRC decals on a helmet. I prefer Shoei anyways and recently bought 2 new helmets (a Bell with carbon exposed, which matches my SP is one of them) so I won't be spending over $1000 on the HRC helmet!

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Shoei has an X14 in a Rainey replica that matches the RC pretty good imho.

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Ah... maybe they decided to make more, as they're available again here in JP too, apparently. Still a bit costly. I think you Shoei GT Air with artwork was about $100 less.
?Arai ??? RX-7X HRC ????? Honda ? M??? - ????!

Meh, I'll see how I feel after completing the Repsol MC28 GP replica, if I get it finished this winter season. I haven't even started yet, but that's because the new garage built isn't yet finished and it's bloody cold outside! :)

·
Registered
523 Posts
Not exclusively for the RC51..... >:)

But knowing I was going for a SP2 (following the totaling of my RC36) I did go for this one vs the 2016 IOMTT one.
Bought mine from thevisorshop.com as the price difference with Dutch retailers was simply crazy (~$250).
I offered the local shops to meet them half way, but they refused. "we will sell them full price anyway". Fair enuf.

If you look closely, you can still see the brace on my wrist.. I did not escape fully unscaved, but will regain 99%. :nerd:

Yes, they are more $ than a "regular" RX-7V (Murricans call it the Corsair methink), but money is only good when you spend it......

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
The other helmet I wanted was one for the NSR project. But this is what happens when limited edition helmets sell out and demand exceeds supply.

???? ?? Arai RX-7X NSR250 30??????? XL ??? - ????!

Feck that - I could buy a normal helmet and have it professionally repainted for less, to a custom design to match my bike LOL!

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Indeed.
Had there not been the HRC or IOMTT, a plain white one, custom painted in yellow Joey Dunlop livery would have done nicely too.
Once had a lid custom painted with a saltire and Dutch flag on the flanks and "The Flying Dutchman" on the back.

Something the traffic cops on the A9 near Aviemore found "very apt"... :)

1st and foremost though the fit and comfort...

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts
Buy it now price for an L size. Arai RX-7X NSR250 250???????? L??????? - ????!
Sheesh! - I could buy an NSR250 in decent working order for that (& yes, I did)! :grin2:
Hi Miguel!

I got one of the HRC Arai lids, but it was nowhere close to US MSRP.

are the Arai helmets really ~$400 in Japan? that is a steal! I might just have to pick up mine from over there when I am on business travel. I still want to check out that motorcycle superstore shop you posted years back, there is simply nothing like in the US; that looks incredible!:nerd:

I saw the NSR250 model as well but I could not manage to pull the trigger on another helmet. I have always wanted a NSR250 as well, but alas another item not available here in the USA.

When is that 250 repsol project coming together!?>:)

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Yep, that Superstore in Odaiba (Tokyo) is pretty cool. They charge full retail on everything, but there's everything at your fingertips on the shelves so... :grin2:
Arai helmets in Japan can be around 50% of the price elsewhere. There's some stuff about heads being differently shaped on other continents, but I've never had a problem with buying helmets and fitting them to my head in Japan, or elsewhere. Maybe I was built more adaptable, or maybe it's just bullshit to stop people buying their helmets in Japan and shipping them home! Probably the later methinks. :p

The NSR project should begin to take shape around February all being well, it's in various boxes in the house, awaiting assembly. After visitting to attend the Moto GP Paul at Tyga delivered the bodywork last year and it's perfect! A new workshop at home is taking shape first though, complete with a wood burning stove amongst other things, so I can keep nice & toasty warm when working on such projects during winter nights & keep the coffee hot too! :D
No rush. When it's all ready I'll get on with it slowly and methodically.

Don't get to ride much in this weather anyways, it's freezing or close to it most of the time these days. Need that workshop finished.... <taps foot on the floor> :grin2:

You don't need another bike RC-Devil. If you did though, I could always send you an NSR in pieces. Perhaps 6 different packages, it's possible...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts