RC51 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Different part numbers because they are different colours? I doubt a tank would have come unpainted if you bought one brand new from Honda. That's just a guess though, I've never had a look at a SP2 tank

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Rc51 fans - thinking of buying a used one as mentioned … did not want to be stuck w/ “wrong fitment” - different exhausts due to different swing arms is a known - fuel tank not so much …

·
Registered
2002 RC51
255 Posts
Somewhere on here @OldsCool posted about swapping one of his RC tanks to the correct one . His post was how I realized the slight difference between the sp1 and sp2 tanks (in red obviously)

Wealth of knowledge on this forum!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Somewhere on here @OldsCool posted about swapping one of his RC tanks to the correct one . His post was how I realized the slight difference between the sp1 and sp2 tanks (in red obviously)

Wealth of knowledge on this forum!
Yep, to the casual eye the 00 through 04 red tanks look the same, but there are slight graphics differences, 00 & 01 are the same, 02 is like the 00 & 01 but the Honda wing is solid black vs the 00 & 01 have a black wing shadowed with gold, the 03 has the black wing shadowed in gold as well but smaller side graphics to line up with the different lowers graphics on the 03, 04 is the same as the 02 but has the additional Nicky graphic on the top.

In this pic below the RC closest to the camera has an 03 tank on it that I removed when I bought it, I still have that 03 tank boxed up in the garage if anyone is in need and wants it throw me an offer, it's dent and rust free but I have no need for it. The RC furthest from the camera has an 02 tank on it, if you look at them both you can see the differences in the side of the tank graphics, as well the wing is gold shadowed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yep, to the casual eye the 00 through 04 red tanks look the same, but there are slight graphics differences, 00 & 01 are the same, 02 is like the 00 & 01 but the Honda wing is solid black vs the 00 & 01 have a black wing shadowed with gold, the 03 has the black wing shadowed in gold as well but smaller side graphics to line up with the different lowers graphics on the 03, 04 is the same as the 02 but has the additional Nicky graphic on the top.

In this pic below the RC closest to the camera has an 03 tank on it that I removed when I bought it, I still have that 03 tank boxed up in the garage if anyone is in need and wants it throw me an offer, it's dent and rust free but I have no need for it. The RC furthest from the camera has an 02 tank on it, if you look at them both you can see the differences in the side of the tank graphics, as well the wing is gold shadowed.

Oldscool, is the tank still available?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts