RC51 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a SP1 but have seen a nice set of used SP2 cans and link pipes on fleabay, am I correct in thinking that they are a different fitment?
Regards Andy.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Andy I recall many years ago I purchased an SP1 set of pipes for my SP2 which were advertised as "fits both models", but needless to say, it didn't! I'm not sure about the link pipes themselves, but I purchased the whole system and it didn't align with the manifold fitting points, so I suspect the rest of the geometry is different. Sorry that's not much help!
Regards Simon

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the info, I've just read some links to older threads and unfortunately it seems like they aren't interchangeable.
Regards Andy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thank you for the info, I've just read some links to older threads and unfortunately it seems like they aren't interchangeable.
Regards Andy.
They aren't, but you can put a SP2 header on a SP1 and run most SP2 exhausts. I have both an excellent SP1 highmount carbon exhaust for sale and a SP2 header for sale. If you are interested, let me know.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks but I've just bought a pair of Quill oval stainless cans with link pipes, I've not fitted them yet but the quality looks good particularly for the price 👍.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks but I've just bought a pair of Quill oval stainless cans with link pipes, I've not fitted them yet but the quality looks good particularly for the price 👍.
Excellent, post pictures once you have them installed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts