RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL - OK folks, who else out there is ANAL about there stuff? And I'm not only referring to your baby, (your RC), it can be other things as well. This came up as I'm deciding whether on not to replace or fix the plastic damage from my slight hiccup I experienced two weeks ago. For those that may have missed my post, I reported that I dropped Arsey on its right side and I came away with minor but still irritating damage to the upper right cowl, and right side fairing piece, broken right mirror, scuffed up brake lever and bar end, bent right side foot controls. Up unitl the minor get off, my RC never touched the tarmac and has been prestine for almost 13 years. It will be 13 years this April that I took possesion of her. I already replaced mirror and brake lever as I had spares of those lying around. I was able to straighten out the foot controls but may want to replace those as well. Maybe bite the bullet on some Sato's.
So I'm torn, do I go ahead and bite the bullet on 800.00 worth of new plastic or just fix it knowing it may not be perfect. Anybody else out there as ANAL as I am? Hope everyone is doing well and remember - Rubber Side Down".

·
Banned
3,633 Posts
Nah...not so bad these days, I've had kids so things get broken and worn.
Still somewhat anal about the bike but that's about it...

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
I am ANAL as shit about my Bike and my truck....and now my new SUV I got today.....

·
Banned
3,633 Posts
Like I said I have kids, I found a pbj sandwich in my VCR once you got to laugh that stuff off. Oh and my son helped me wash my new civic once but he dropped the wash sponge in the dirt and scratched the hell out of the passenger door.

Those are just little things that can be replaced...

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
I do have my concerns, after having to keep up uniforms for 22 years. My wife tells every person -we meet -how Anal , perfectionist , I have my own things.

Nobody....((Like I said I have kids, I found a pbj sandwich in my VCR once you got to laugh that stuff off. Oh and my son helped me wash my new civic once but he dropped the wash sponge in the dirt and scratched the hell out of the passenger door.)))

I would have to see a psychiatrist..... Funny -And I laugh... but bonkers....

·
Registered
124 Posts
I am anal but try not to get upset with little things that happen such as the ding, rock chip, ect. It does bother me at first but I eventually let it go. I do occasionally think about spending $ to fix the tiny little imperfections to make my bike 100% perfect but it is not a necessity especially since she runs like new.

·
Banned
3,633 Posts
I am anal but try not to get upset with little things that happen such as the ding, rock chip, ect. It does bother me at first but I eventually let it go. I do occasionally think about spending $ to fix the tiny little imperfections to make my bike 100% perfect but it is not a necessity especially since she runs like new.
Exactly, can't sweat the small stuff.

·
Registered
527 Posts
DSM IV Diagnosis For A Doctor.

Absolutely obsessive. If I wasn't, I wouldn't be a doctor. Most of us doctors are.
I have replaced parts on my RC because of cosmetic blemishes, which were not prominent. Helps me sleep at night.
I breathe easier since I wrapped up my RC in 3M film. Cost to do so, here in Saudi Arabia, was $ 750.00 & 8 hours to complete. Now I have to do it again for the new 2002 European model bodywork I just received from the UK.
Pics in about 2 weeks.
I stubbornly refuse to take medications for my disorder. And a Psychiatrist colleague of mine from Med. School told me 10 years ago, that the only difference he noted between talking to me & one of his patients, was that he was not prescribing medication for me !!
Ha. Little does he know that I watch what I say in front of him .. . . . .
Take Care.
P.S. Congrats on the new SUV, Duckhunter. What make & model ? And I won't believe you until you post a picture.
And what happened to the new Civic, 1971allchaos ? I would have sold it, if that happened to me. Could not bear to look at
that door everyday, especially on the drivers' side.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
I was anal once... but as I got more toys and less time, I became less. Then I got a family & kids. No time left to be anal, I'm just fairly tidy - but have too many projects that are works in progress.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Im definitely too anal about my bike, I bought all new plastics and i mean every piece with the new decals, and have yet too put it on my bike for the fear of it getting scratched :(. I wont ride it to work and i keep it in my kitchen of my apartment with a baby gate up so my friends dont rub their hands all over my pristine gas tank. Or go jump on it and drag their foot across my tail :mad:, its a disease and i couldn't live with myself if it wasn't perfect, thats why i have a beater bike :D 79 GS1000.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Im definitely too anal about my bike, I bought all new plastics and i mean every piece with the new decals, and have yet too put it on my bike for the fear of it getting scratched :(. I wont ride it to work and i keep it in my kitchen of my apartment with a baby gate up so my friends dont rub their hands all over my pristine gas tank. Or go jump on it and drag their foot across my tail :mad:, its a disease and i couldn't live with myself if it wasn't perfect, thats why i have a beater bike :D 79 GS1000.
Now that's anal! You don't have kids, do you?
I'm appropriately anal, within my financial means. :D
Then again, I've raised a lot of kids.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Now that's anal! You don't have kids, do you?
I'm appropriately anal, within my financial means. :D
Then again, I've raised a lot of kids.
Nope don't have kids and never planning on it, my kids are my RC and my camaro, I want to be able to own the whole family of rc's one day and with kids i dont really see that happening.

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
Nope don't have kids and never planning on it, my kids are my RC and my camaro, I want to be able to own the whole family of rc's one day and with kids i dont really see that happening.
Well, you sir...do not know what great and unconditional love you will miss out on in your life. I would not trade my two boys for all the money and toys in the world.....they are my world.;):)

oh, and normally they are not "planned" LOL :rolleyes::D

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL - interesting comments from the gallery and nice to know that there are others that feel that same way about their RC as I do. As far as the kid situation, been there done that, there grown adults now and now daddy has more money for toys. Actually started an RCV fund a coulple weeks ago, in hopes that 2014 will bring us the new Honda RC.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
The minute I drilled slider holes I started hunting for MINT 2003 lowers and B miller hooked me-up and they hang on the wall with my mint spare 2003 tail cowl MINT is cool :cool::cool:

Notice she doesn't leave fingerprints on the baby.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Well, you sir...do not know what great and unconditional love you will miss out on in your life. I would not trade my two boys for all the money and toys in the world.....they are my world.;):)

oh, and normally they are not "planned" LOL :rolleyes::D
Amen my parental brotha! The relationship I have with my adult children is something I could never have imagined. Unconditional love is something you just can't describe...

·
Banned
3,633 Posts
Amen my parental brotha! The relationship I have with my adult children is something I could never have imagined. Unconditional love is something you just can't describe...
Yes trumps the toys hands down, drains the wallet quicker than the RC...lol

There is nothing better.:)

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
I was gonna say, kids & anal don't usually mix in the same sentence... :D
Life's priorities have a habit of changing completely when these little people come into our lives, but I wouldn't want it any other way.

Life's more rewarding than when I had time to play for myself. Those days will return - but then the kids will play together with the toys I hope... I think my son's going to inherit a cool collection of machines. Hopefully there will still be gasoline by then. :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts