RC51 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
04 Rc51

I'm in Buckeye, AZ. That's a pretty goo distance away, but maybe we could get a meet up in between in Wickenburg or so! What do you think? Anyone else out there on the west side of Phoenix?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 13 doberman puppies I am raising at the moment but they will go to new homes the first week of march. After that I am down to head down to the valley or to meet along the way. I know a guy with a built to the hilt 03 that lives in peoria. maybe i can get him to go too

·
Registered
59 Posts
That sounds good! I haven't met anyone around here yet with an RC. It would be good to get together and make some noise!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Good to hear from you again iceman! Hey i have a question for ya seeings how you live in Glendale area. There is an Amsoil dealer in Peoria, do you know anything about them? I called and left a message and also emailed to see if I could pick some oil up and they haven't gotten back to me yet. Just wondering. Also, when would you like to meet up for a ride? I found some nice areas to go.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Okay thanks for the link i'll give it a try and getr back to you. My bike really needs an oil change. I'll also get with you about the ride.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Alright sounds good to me!I'll try to get the oil change done and what not then get back to you about the ride. This weekend i've got to get a friends four wheeler back together and make some money. But, i've been off the bike for about 7 weeks on a little vacation and just want to ride!!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if you guys are down to ride up to prescott valley id love to go for a ride and i can show you some sick roads. the other guy i know with the rc on the westside might be down too. his name is mike

·
Registered
59 Posts
sounds good! i'm going out to pick up some amsoil do change the bike and car right now. i'm going to have to do some work on the four wheeler to get it ready for the dunes next week for a friend. maybe i can squeeze in a ride though. i'll see how things go today with it first.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You good at working on quads??? I just picked up a 06 400ex for 500 bucks!!!

The kid put diesel in it by accident and he thought he blew up the motor so he let it sit. I changed the plug which was fouled and cleaned out the gas tank but I can't get the thing to start up. The oil was also low when I changed it so I am hoping the motor isn't seized. If it is it won't be that bad as I can always buy a 440 big bore kit

·
Registered
59 Posts
well first off will it turn over at all? Also did you go through the carb to get that crap out? If it turns over then obviously its not seized, but check the compression on it. The quad that i'm working on is a Bombardier DS650. I rebuilt the motor on it. the guy overheated it in Glamis and poured water on it to cool it down. Not the greatest thing to do.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it doesnt start but it sounds like its almost there. yes i cleaned the carb real well as i wanted to get that diesel out.... Should I just try to borrow a compression tester?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well when it turns over how is the speed? normally you can get an idea by the speed of the engine if the compression is do. If it spins a little fast then it may be low. Also, you can get an idea by just pulling the plug and putting your finger over the hole. If it blows your finger off with some force when you turn it over the compression is still good. Give those a shot before looking for a compression tester. Also, try a little carb cleaner in the cylinder for a little jump start, but not a lot of it.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts