RC51 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering pulling the trigger on a set of track fairings and dedicating my ‘01 to a track only bike. Anyone have any experience with these? How is the tail cowl fitment on a oem subframe and is there a draft pan ?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm also interested opinions on the brand . I have used hotbodies before and they are pretty crappy. And one of the only brands that offers them for the rs660 is armored bodies or woodcraft or hotbodies.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m using Armour Bodies on my s1krr, at first sight/handling I thought to myself “noice shit” 👍..
I’m in the process of my R1m track only build and just recently received some race fairings from Bikesplat.. quality is just below Woodcrafts and I’m going to have to do a fair amount of sanding. I’m going to call Woodcraft tomorrow and bug them with questions, like how longs the wait for a complete set.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Quality on the Armour Bodies is excellent. I believe they’re made for all the HRC Kit parts. You will need to at least trim the back corners of the subframe off and make a seat support. I had bosses added to line up below the seat too. You could use the stock locations, but they don’t match their holes. I modified my stock stay to fit. Non-HRC replica exhaust will likely need clearance on the lower as well.

Fuel tank Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system
Vehicle Fuel tank Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quality on the Armour Bodies is excellent. I believe they’re made for all the HRC Kit parts. You will need to at least trim the back corners of the subframe off and make a seat support. I had bosses added to line up below the seat too. You could use the stock locations, but they don’t match their holes. I modified my stock stay to fit. Non-HRC replica exhaust will likely need clearance on the lower as well.

View attachment 138450 View attachment 138451
Looks nice

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've got a new set of Sharkskinz that I'm going to be trying to mount up here shortly....Will let you know how it goes!
I’ve been eyeing those as well after some more research last night
Did you get the superbike or the super sport tail?
How long did it take for you to get them?
Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got the superbike tail + seat foam for two reasons...I think the foam would be lower profile seat and the foam is harder which can translate more feeling to what the bike is doing. The order to receipt was a good 4-6 weeks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts