RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I tried the research and came up empty so it may be from lack of knowledge.

1. I have a leak on my gearshift spindle left side by the gearshift arm, I took the oil seal which came off easily hence the leak, my challenge is the bearing behind that out not sure If I should pry it out. Or will the seal fix the issue?

2. My valves are due I have some oil sheen in my intake, can anybody recommend a shop in SOCAL who they can vouch for? I'm willing to explore RIVERSIDE COUNTY, SAN DIEGO COUNTY AND LOS ANGELES, CA.

I appreciate all the info you could provide.:)

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Hey Stan, I live in Huntington Beach. Right next door in Fountain Valley I have a mechanic who I have been with for a few years. Great prices and has never done me wrong. I've turned a few of my friends on to them and they all thanked me.

M2 MotoWorks
www.m2motoworks.com/

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Put a new seal in...all will be good. Bearing only supports the shaft I can't see any serious wear on a bearing that is not under any real stress.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks gents. I'll check out M2motoworks

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Hello all,

I tried the research and came up empty so it may be from lack of knowledge.

1. I have a leak on my gearshift spindle left side by the gearshift arm, I took the oil seal which came off easily hence the leak, my challenge is the bearing behind that out not sure If I should pry it out. Or will the seal fix the issue?

2. My valves are due I have some oil sheen in my intake, can anybody recommend a shop in SOCAL who they can vouch for? I'm willing to explore RIVERSIDE COUNTY, SAN DIEGO COUNTY AND LOS ANGELES, CA.

I appreciate all the info you could provide.:)
1) Pop another seal in there and you should be good to go.

2) We all have a "sheen" in our intakes( I hope you mean air box), that is normal.

Good luck

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a bunch, now I can focus on the forks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts