RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was thinking about maybe doing bar end mirrors the ones on ebay all seem to be a universal "fit" but i dont see how they go on properly as the threaded hole in the clipon is smaller than the screw provided with the mirrors?

has anybody put bar end mirrors on any advice?

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
They are designed to either clamp around the outside of the bar itself, or you can get an insert that will go into the bar. You would have to remove the weights and bar end to do the second. The first will work if you have enough room at the end of your bars. Stock RC51's with stock bar ends (or any large size bar ends really) will not have enough room unless you slide the grips (and throttle tube, and everything else) inward. Which is difffucult because there isn't much room on the bars to begin with.

Check out crg's website. That's who china is copying. Maybe spend your money there and not support those who steal ideas and make questionable products with questionable practices.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok i see because the collar on the inside would def not have enough room to expand and i cant really figure out a way to mount them, i will look into CRG website to see what i can find dont mind paying for quality

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm a proponent of bar end mirrors, not cool seeing nothing but elbow when trying to watch traffic behind me... I've owned several pairs of the cheap ebay knockoff's and they did not mount properly. I ended up oversizing the hole in the mounting collar to use the stock bar end screw and locking wedges, then they worked fine. As I destroyed mirrors over the years, I simply replaced the mirrors and holding clamps as necessary. At $35/set I don't know that I would use anything else, at that price, they're a "throw away" and easily replaced. I have often wondered if machining down some nice bar end weights to accept the clamp would be worth it, but my Superhawk didn't have weights to begin with. Got my new set for the RC today, so haven't installed them yet...

Vibration, glass quality, and ability to hold position is fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts