RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into a new battery for the RC and also a cafe project I'm working on, and want to get into one of the newer lithium ones. Question is, what brand? Speedcell, Shorai, and Antigravity all make what I'm looking for for both bikes. Pros and cons from everyone's experience?

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Dont be fooled by knockoffs, there is only one genuine article.

Between Josh and I; no other battery company has more RC51 specific experience.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Like engine oils everyone uses the best. I chose EarthX because the brochure said it was made in America and they are approved for use in aircraft, two years later I've never had to charge them.

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Like engine oils everyone uses the best. I chose EarthX because the brochure said it was made in America and they are approved for use in aircraft, two years later I've never had to charge them.
the "battery management" model they use is off the shelf and its self cannibalizes power to manage the battery because the impedance gets worse over time with the prizmatic type material they use.

We do prob 10x more Aerospace and Aero Defense contracts than any other battery manufacturer. Motorsport power solutions are the smallest and least complicated of our endeavors. We are federally licensed CAGE contractor and work closely with DARPA and other government development programs.

Ideally I would like everyone on this page to run a Speedcell, can you tell?>:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts