RC51 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry. Missed that thread as there was no description in the title.

I myself prefer the low mounts and have the sato lows, but there are both options now for the SP2.

·
Super Moderator
6,485 Posts
Whichever you prefer, kudos to Simon and LBP for producing all three variations, from low-mount, to high-mount, to HRC replica.

·
Registered
382 Posts
How do the high mounts compare in HP numbers to the regular mount? In racing I've always learned that the less bends you have the better, but is that also true in these, or are these some magical pipes?

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
How do the high mounts compare in HP numbers to the regular mount? In racing I've always learned that the less bends you have the better, but is that also true in these, or are these some magical pipes?
From what I know the lowmount Sato made more power than the banzai mount...so I will hazard a guess and say the same is true for the Ladybirds.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
From what I know the lowmount Sato made more power than the banzai mount...so I will hazard a guess and say the same is true for the Ladybirds.
Agree on the Satos part, but I believe that the birds have a larger core, 60mm over the Satos 58mm, if I remember reading right. I dont have a set of ladybirds and I haven't mic'd my Sato low. I know we're only talking about a 3% difference in volume, but over 400mm+ that would change the flow characteristics immensely.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
The baffle ID is smaller on the newer ladybird low mounts (oval and moto gp) compared to older ones, with the inlet/outlet diameters the same as older versions. But, the bonzai ladybirds do have a smaller inlet diameter than the low mounts, at 50.8 mm (described in link), versus 60 mm. You can also see in pictures with the low mount can midpipes having a more pronounced yet longer taper.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
But, the bonzai sato's do have a smaller inlet diameter than the low mounts, at 50.8 mm (described in link), versus 60 mm.
You are talking about Satos correct? Since I have both systems a lowmount and a banzai mount Sato I can 100% confirm that the inlet diameters on both types of systems are 54mm. I know that the Ladybirds are 60mm.

So this statement has me a little confused? Please clarify...

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You are talking about Satos correct? Since I have both systems a lowmount and a banzai mount Sato I can 100% confirm that the inlet diameters on both types of systems are 54mm. I know that the Ladybirds are 60mm.

So this statement has me a little confused? Please clarify...
Definitely confusing because my brain was on autopilot again and I messed up one (important) word. I fixed the original statement above.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Daaaannnggg it! I asked if he had high mounts available too..... Those look really really good. Those high mounts with the gp cans would look great!

·
Registered
114 Posts
That is a BEAUTIFUL bike! I really love the color w/out the red. Making me think about stripping mine off now.
And, to comment on the pipes....they look great too. I've never heard OF them, or heard them on a bike, but I hope you got what you were looking for. I spent 9 months searching for the pipes I wanted on mine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts