RC51 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried/used any of the NEW Bell motorcycle helmets. My Arai Quantum is now 7 years old and pretty beat. The prices for the Arai Quantum II
and Shoei RF1000 are like $427. to $566.!!! Yikes!!! Never mind the RX7 Corsair at $700.

I decided to look at Bell, their Apex Model at $199. weighs 3.5 lbs like Shoei/Arai,is M2005/DOT Rated, has a KEVLAR shell, unlike Arai/Shoei who still use fiberglass, The liners in the Bell are fully removable for cleaning, cheek pads only, Arai/Shoei, replacement shields are $34. versus $55 for the Arai.
What do you think? Worth a try?

John

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought same as you, Arai/Shoei, but Bell has taken an aggressive stance in reestablishing themselves in the market place, and What the hell, this is BELL we are talking about here, a Bell Star saved my life back in the '70's when my head hit the pavement in a wreck. My helmet cost then, $69.95. THAT WAS A LOT OF DOUGH!

John

·
Old & Slow Admin
271 Posts
I thought same as you, Arai/Shoei, but Bell has taken an aggressive stance in reestablishing themselves in the market place, and What the hell, this is BELL we are talking about here, a Bell Star saved my life back in the '70's when my head hit the pavement in a wreck. My helmet cost then, $69.95. THAT WAS A LOT OF DOUGH!

John

Since I need another new lid, I'm going to see what my motard sponsor can get me at cost.......for cost I would try the Bell Star.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts