RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seeking advice on better forks for the RC51 for racing. Ideally something with high & low-speed compression. The tracks I run on differ greatly in smoothness.

The original forks were damaged (top rebound adjustor on LH is crunched & ground).. I had them rebuilt but the one side still binds on the rebound adjustor and has less turns (by 1/8 turn) than the RH.

Looking for alternatives... :D

·
Old & Slow Admin
274 Posts
I am seeking advice on better forks for the RC51 for racing. Ideally something with high & low-speed compression. The tracks I run on differ greatly in smoothness.

The original forks were damaged (top rebound adjustor on LH is crunched & ground).. I had them rebuilt but the one side still binds on the rebound adjustor and has less turns (by 1/8 turn) than the RH.

Looking for alternatives... :D
Why not try to find a set of used Ohlin R&T forks or drop in a AK-20 cartridge kit from Traxxion?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:) Would LOVE to find some... but so far no-one is saying they have a set for sale. :(
If I could find a set of VG used SP2 forks that might be a good start, too. Traxxion only has AK-20 set for SP2, not SP1 it seems. :(

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why not try to find a set of used Ohlin R&T forks or drop in a AK-20 cartridge kit from Traxxion?
I ended up buying a very good used set of SP1 forks, and sending them to Traxxion Dynamics to have their AK-Gas cartridge system installed (the expensive ones). At the end they should be as good as (or likely better than) a set of Ohlins RT forks. Just waiting for their return now!

:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts