RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Old & Slow Admin
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll be there on an all black RC51 most likely. Shouldn't be hard to find, you'll see me at the rider's meeting I'm sure.
I'll be teaching the beginner class on both days and I should be at the track sometime on Friday. Make sure you come and say hello.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ha! Well nice to meet you. Looking forward to this event and working with you. Actually just looking forward to all this planning being over which won't happen til wheels are turning on track.

You wouldn't happen to have a spare shock lying around for an RC would you? Pulled the Penske out yesterday on the new to me RC to change the spring to what I thought was a spare heavier spring that came with her, spring is lighter, shock is weeping oil. Guy says he has the stocker somewhere, but hasn't been able to locate it yet. Always something...

·
Old & Slow Admin
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha! Well nice to meet you. Looking forward to this event and working with you. Actually just looking forward to all this planning being over which won't happen til wheels are turning on track.

You wouldn't happen to have a spare shock lying around for an RC would you? Pulled the Penske out yesterday on the new to me RC to change the spring to what I thought was a spare heavier spring that came with her, spring is lighter, shock is weeping oil. Guy says he has the stocker somewhere, but hasn't been able to locate it yet. Always something...
I have a stock one with a few hundred miles on it if you want to use it for the weekend. I'll just need it back before I leave on Sunday.

·
Old & Slow Admin
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BTW, Dave Moss should be at the track, so bring your shock in case he's refreshing them track side.

BTW, are you doing the beginners school?

·
Registered
61 Posts
BTW, Dave Moss should be at the track, so bring your shock in case he's refreshing them track side.

BTW, are you doing the beginners school?
Good call.

My plan was to help in B, but I'm the lead for I. Probably wind up doing all I sessions and most of the B's depending on weather.

Depending on attendants of course, will you want an assistant for the school?

·
Old & Slow Admin
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, plan is to arrive up there in the late afternoon. I'll give you one of my best for an assistant.

Are you doing other 3T events this year?
Not sure about the rest of the year. I'm the NE Director but we have no dates at this time. Hope we can get a NJMP event this year and then Liberty Bell when it opens.

·
Registered
158 Posts
you guys!! i'm at lightning the same days with TPM.. would be nice to ride with some of you cats.

·
Old & Slow Admin
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Getting down to the wire and the weather forecast looks great! Anybody else coming or am I flying the RC51 flag by myself?
I was thinking about bringing the 51 but I don't want to drag 2 bikes all the way out there so I'm just bringing the GSXR and a pit bike.:D

I still can't wait to see what kind of gas mileage the Burb is going to get while pulling the 7x14. <cry>

·
Registered
158 Posts
my guess is in the 10-12 range.. thats what my durango gets while pulling a loaded trailer at steady 70.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Had some friends go up there. Heard it was cold and wet. I just did nc bike with team pro motion yesterday. Only rc there from what I could see. Real nice track, good grip. Had 1 session just me and a coach! Doing summit (shenny) this Sunday. Anyone going?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 21 Posts