RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first start my bike it starts but then cuts out. It does it even if I have the choke out. I can usualy get it to idle with a littlle throttle, but sometimes it will cut out when I give it throttle? Before I realized there was a choke (it's my second bike and my 600rr doesn't have one), the bike would cut every time I gave it throttle. Either way after a few attemps(less attemps with the choke out) it will usualy idle. Once I get it to idle, if I snap the throttle it will cut off. Once the bike warms up alittle it runs great. I can shut it off and start it back up with no problems and the throttle response is excellet. So is this normal for this bike or is something wrong? The bike is stock except for the D&D exhaust.

·
Registered
82 Posts
That is not normal, mine will start right up with the choke out. Sounds like your choke cable might have come unscrewed from the choke lever or your cable could be broken, had that problem before.

·
Registered
34 Posts
When I first start my bike it starts but then cuts out. It does it even if I have the choke out. I can usualy get it to idle with a littlle throttle, but sometimes it will cut out when I give it throttle? Before I realized there was a choke (it's my second bike and my 600rr doesn't have one), the bike would cut every time I gave it throttle. Either way after a few attemps(less attemps with the choke out) it will usualy idle. Once I get it to idle, if I snap the throttle it will cut off. Once the bike warms up alittle it runs great. I can shut it off and start it back up with no problems and the throttle response is excellet. So is this normal for this bike or is something wrong? The bike is stock except for the D&D exhaust.
What was the problem! You get fixed!:confused:

·
Registered
67 Posts
curious?? all i know is i took mine out the other day, it was 23 degrees out and i didnt even use the choke, just hit the button and off i go, sounds like you may need some tuning. check your fuel filter too. and your intakes. if they are real dirty it they may be the culpret, my kawi did that a few years ago

·
Registered
8 Posts
what bout if yourr idling at a stop light and you go to give it gas ad the bikeknocks off....what could this be from?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts