RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went over a decent bump tonight and the bike shut down. Pushed it for a couple of blocks and tried to restart it but just kept turning over. Yes I checked the kill switch. The fuel pump wasn't engaging. After getting a few blocks, I tried again and heard the fuel pump whine, and it started. I'm thinking maybe the kickstand switch has a loose connection. Maybe someone has an idea???

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Probably the side stand stand switch. I've heard of this happening in a similar situation.
If the bank angle sensor tripped, the fuel pump should have primed after the ignition switch was cycled.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured it out. Had a fuse come loose under the seat that connects to the battery. Bike failed today when I was between two exits on the highway. Good to go now. Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Not to be a pain in the ass but define loose?

The fuse itself was loose in the receptacle? The terminal came loose from the battery?

Just want clarity for folks who use the search buttom;)

Glad you found it, ride safe.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not to be a pain in the ass but define loose?

Yes the fuse was loose in the receptacle. Glad I could clarify! I have to check out the tech book to see how it's supposed to look in the battery compartment because all the hardware was missing for the battery cover, and that wire was just laying around. (I believe it was a green wire)

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
On these bikes, solid green is a ground wire.
So you have a ground wire for something floating around unattached.
Wonder which component?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts