RC51 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just did an oil change about an hour ago. I didn't think my shop had done a change when I last went in, but I probably am wrong.

Anyway, I put Royal Purple 10w40 synthetic and put in exactly 4.5Q (the extra .4 may be my problem). I also am Using a Mobil 1 M110 Filter.

The bike sounds unusually 'whirry'. If the bike had not had synthetic in it before would this possibly be the problem. The 'whirring' is coming from the top of the engine compartment it seems possibly right under the airbox. Also the whole exaust note seems higher pitched as well.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Oh, bike is a 2003 with 6900 miles.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I cant for the life of me figure out what whirry sounds like. You used the Royal Purple Max Cycle oil right??? If so just ride it for alittle bit and see if anything changes. Could just be the switch to synthetic.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I realize 'whirry' isn't real descriptive. I guess I'm just hearing a lot more of a whine or a chatter from the engine than I'm used to. I don't think it's the lifters. I guess I'll just ride it for a bit, I just liked the quieter ride before so I could hear the exhaust better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts