RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I replace the chain and took the left side small sprocket cover and cylinder assy slave after replacing the chains I put the parts back on I turn on bike engage clutch and put on 1st gear and it turn off can anyone tell me what I need to do to fix that problem I would really appreciate

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Joe XR I did already at first I was able to put it on 1st at least but now that I took it apart and put back together it won’t even let me shift up or down

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
if it stalls when in gear it's the kickstand switch. end of story.

the wiring for it goes up by the front sprocket cover, maybe you pinched the harness when you put it back together.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if it stalls when in gear it's the kickstand switch. end of story.

the wiring for it goes up by the front sprocket cover, maybe you pinched the harness when you put it back together.
thanks wibbly I’ll check that too hopefully that takes care of the problem

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
With the rear wheel on a stand and engine off, you should be able to pull in the clutch lever and manually rotate the rear wheel in any gear (may be some drag, but it should still rotate). If you can't, you have some mechanical issue with clutch disengagement.
As only the left cover was removed for the slave cylinder, it could possibly be air in the line or such not allowing the clutch to fully disengage.

If you can manually rotate the rear wheel in any gear with the clutch disengaged, then you have an electrical issue with the clutch safety interlock system.
Then use the service manual safety to troubleshoot the components under both, the "Ignition System" and "Electric Starter sections".
The Ignition System diagram shows the Bank Angle Sensor, while the Electric Starter section shows the clutch, side stand, and neutral switch sections.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
With the rear wheel on a stand and engine off, you should be able to pull in the clutch lever and manually rotate the rear wheel in any gear (may be some drag, but it should still rotate). If you can't, you have some mechanical issue with clutch disengagement.
As only the left cover was removed for the slave cylinder, it could possibly be air in the line or such not allowing the clutch to fully disengage.
If you can manually rotate the rear wheel in any gear with the clutch disengaged, then you have an electrical issue with the clutch safety interlock system.
Then use the service manual safety to troubleshoot the components under both, the "Ignition System" and "Electric Starter sections".
The Ignition System diagram shows the Bank Angle Sensor, while the Electric Starter section shows the clutch, side stand, and neutral switch sections.
yes I’m able to rotate the wheel and shift down to first gear and back up to neautral but that’s it I try to gear up to second and nothing prior to replacing the chain that’s all I did remove left side cover along with the slave cylinder and put back as it should be although I did pull out the rod on the left side of the slave cylinder just been curious but the bike still turns over on N if I try to gear to 1st it shuts off battery is brand new electrical wise I don’t have any problem

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

now I’m able to change gears without pulling in the clutch changing gears it starts to make like a jump noise the gear problem I think a it’s solve already

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So, what was wrong with the bike?
if I put the bike in gear while on the stand and I lift the kick stand while in gear the bike won’t turn off and also if I shift into gear With the bike on stand it shift without using the clutch I put bike in gear and it start making a knocking noise the motor is healthy never had a problem prior to changing the chain the bike ran and shift perfect I’m trying to trouble shoot the problem and ones I get the problem fixed then I’ll keep you guys posted I just need to figure out what I did wrong after I replace the chain if I put everything back how it should be thanks to those who reach out To help

1 - 20 of 21 Posts