RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replace the fuel pump to tank seal. When I had the fuel pump out, it looked pretty bad. I replaced the in tank return line and the rubber baffle that the line goes in to. and the rubber lines in the tank. After reinstalling the pump, I noticed that the bike would only rev to 8,000 rpm at full throttle. After noticing the problem I have replaced the fuel filter, spark plugs, and fuel pressure regulator. None of them resolved the issue. I also disconnected the power commander to rule that out. It only seems to have this problem after about 100 miles on a tank, and only at full throttle. I think I'm just going to order a pump next unless someone has any other ideas.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Check your tank vent line is clear? Easy enough to just grab the end of it and blow through when the gas cap is open. Just don't confuse it with the bigger fuel overflow hose. I'm sure you saw it when you reinstalled the pump. Could be a dirty filter too.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
When you said it only happens after putting 100 miles on the tank, this is the first thing that came to my mind

Reactions: jondog9
1 - 5 of 5 Posts