RC51 Forums banner

bike won't start

5K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  cwpSP1 
#1 ·
03 rc51
Has been sitting for almost a month without start so I chsrged the battery up. And tried to fire it up but just won't start. Turns over, has gas and fuel pump turns on. Ran great before. Any ideas would be appreciated

#5 ·
Not to bring up the obvious but did you check the kill switch?

#12 ·
Yeah that's right....I have seen that done on other bikes though... not saying that it ever happened to me...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

#14 ·
Well got her started after a complete charge of the battery. Let it run for about thirty min. Turned it off and tried to restart but it wouldnt fire. Took the battery up to battery plus and they said my batt was good. So I threw back on the charger since trying to start it drained it. So put back on bike tried to crank and had to give it alittle throttle and it barley started. What do yall think?

#15 ·
Feedback Fantasy.

Many thanks for the feedback, nwall1. And I apologize for getting you mixed up with macDANalay.
As for your question, I'll leave it for our experts here at the Forum.
Damn, but I MISS Houston.
Lucky for me I'll be there in March to visit my brother.
Take Care.
And now for the matter of you posting A PICTURE, PLEASE !

Attachments

#17 ·
Gummy Gas.

Sometimes, you can gum up your fuel injectors as a result of 'blended fuel' sitting in the tank for more than a month.
Did you check the fuel pump regulator, as suggested ?
Don't forget to update us, please.
And you can download pics from your 'phone to your computer using the recommended cable. Check your 'phones' User Manual.
Take Care.

Attachments

#19 ·
The girlfriend is out of town with our only computer. Have not checked the fpr. Its under the left side fairing I think? How would I go about checking it? Always choke Her before a start. Im thinking fpr from what I have searched and you all have told me.
Thanks for the replies and help. I love learning about my rc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.