RC51 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’m looking for the paint codes for the beautiful blk/silver and red scheme that the SP2 was offered in. I have bodywork coming next week in those colors and need to paint my existing red/silver tank to match.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
135 Posts
I can take pics of the paint codes off my paint cans, for you. Red and Silver.

The on the 02 SP2 (and the '00 '01 SP1) the Black for the front and rear number plates is just a Satin Black. I picked the one my painter had in stock closest in colour to the satin black decals that go on the panel that fills the pillion/passenger seat hole. He had a few spray out cards for me to pick from. Remember that satin black has no clear coat on it and goes on over the clear once the silver is painted.

If you're painting a bike that's just silver and black with no red (I've never seen one) than the silver below is likely the same, and the black you can get matched at the auto paint supplier via an optical scanner

·
Registered
135 Posts
Silver:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Great job Mr Cat.

Harley Davidson? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I always find it amazing how different makes' colours can match our bikes, and a damn lot cheaper, too! I needed a silver for a previous FireStorm/Superhawk's bib fairing in front of the oil filter. Turned out that a Toyota silver was spot on!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yep, Ironic isn't it, LOL

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you so much for the info. I just re-read my post and the darn autocorrect changed my post. It’s the red and silver that I was curious about because the top of my tank got dinged up in the silver portion and it looks like there’s red paint under it so they painted the whole tank red first? Anyway thanks again for your help

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The red is called Winning Red Tricoat R258 Accor to Honda. The silver is Force Silver Metallic NH411M. Black is satin black as Straycat mentioned. There’s a few companies that will take your money for aerosol cans of the oem colors, and I mean they will take all of your money;)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yea colorite is one.

The issue with Honda paint codes is they are typically not usable by the paint shop in the pant mixer database. they are really just a name and identification number and not a mixing code.

so in my experience the easiest route is to go the the paint shop, have a good clean panel optically scanned and hope the match is good. thats what I did. when you do that you'll get the closest existing mix/match.

·
Registered
172 Posts
. . . so in my experience the easiest route is to go the the paint shop, have a good clean panel optically scanned and hope the match is good. thats what I did. when you do that you'll get the closest existing mix/match.
Agree. I done exactly that. One advantage is that if the panel/piece has suffered any sun fade, the new paint mix will match, whereas an original OEM would be darker.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts