RC51 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Use the search bar on fairings, most folks here will tell you to stay away from that overseas sh!t but I and others say you get what you pay for...a cheap alternative. I hear they don't look too bad from 10ft away. STG has a sale on hot bodies 2for1 ...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
Here's my take on them from the recent thread on speedzilla:
http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/honda-rc51/75922-chinese-fairings.html

Sounds like these are right up MrGrn's alley! I've tried my best to warm people away from buying these shit fairings, but nobody listens. They are fine if you don't mind the fact that they fit like complete garbage, will melt or crack if you look at them wrong.

RxRC: there are distributors for this Chinese garbage in the states. Most of them are in California. Why you wound want to send them money is beyond me though. You want to get garbage product and shitty customer service from someone who doesn't speak English, but hey at least they are local!?

The next time anyone is looking to buy a set of these, send me a message. I'll give you my Paypal address and you can shoot me $500 (be sure to send it as a gift in case I try to screw you over). Then I'll take a shit in a box and mail it to you. That will save you the disappointment of opening a box of shiny fairings and thinking that you got a good deal. A feeling that will only last until you try to mount them and they fit like shit and melt a few hundred miles later. So I'll do you the favor of letting you know exactly what your $500 bought you as soon as you open the box. Let me know what color you want your shit. I can do custom paint jobs on my turds. Flames, racing stripes, sponsor decals, number plates? I can do it all!!! *please allow two additional weeks for custom work. I have to consume massive amounts of food coloring to get the colors right.

If it makes you feel any better, I'll take a shit in a really big box so you can feel like you are getting more for your money.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have had them on a few bikes. If you use good heat tape every where, take your time installing them you will be ok. Sometimes it takes a little patience and work to get them to fit correctly. If you're expecting oem from 500$ plastics don't bother! But they can be a really good bang for the buck. I've always had good luck with them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just finished mine last night. The fit is perfect. I did have to use 2 washers behind the nose fairing mount and had to make one hole on the belly pan slightly bigger with a dremel. But 500$ vs 2500$. Paint scheme is nice and everything lines up perfect.

Having said that, obviously the paint won't be AS durable as oem. It will probably chip a bit easier. Also I took the heat shielding off my oem and reattached it as well as 50$ in heat tape from a local performance shop. Choose wisely because some after market plastic ARE crap!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
Just finished mine last night. The fir is perfect. I did have to use 2 washers behind the nose fairing mount and had to make one hole on the belly pan slightly bigger with a dremel. But 500$ vs 2500$. Paint scheme is nice and everything lines up perfect.

Having said that, obviously the paint won't be AS durable as oem. It will probably cheap a bit easier. Also I took the heat shielding off my oem and reattached it as well as 50$ in heat tape from a local performance shop. Choose wisely because some after market plastic ARE crap!!
It was perfect, but you had to use some washers and a dremel? I wouldn't call that perfect at all. Neither is that gap between the lower and the upper on the right side.

Just remember, one man's perfect is another man's garbage.

·
Registered
50 Posts
It was perfect, but you had to use some washers and a dremel? I wouldn't call that perfect at all. Neither is that gap between the lower and the upper on the right side.

The fit is perfect. There is not a gap between any of the panels. Im not sure what you are referring to. The fit is as good as oem. Granted yes I used 2 washers behind a bolt and I cleaned up a hole on the lower. It fit well without the washers. The bolt was a little too long. Explain to me how the price deference between the 2 are justified?

I get it, you were unhappy with a purchase of after market plastics. So now you bash every thread related to them.

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
The fit is perfect. There is not a gap between any of the panels. Im not sure what you are referring to. The fit is as good as oem. Granted yes I used 2 washers behind a bolt and I cleaned up a hole on the lower. It fit well without the washers. The bolt was a little too long. Explain to me how the price deference between the 2 are justified?

I get it, you were unhappy with a purchase of after market plastics. So now you bash every thread related to them.
Would you rather that I lie and say I thought they were awesome?

No, I did not buy a set. I've helped a few friends install them, and they were all garbage. I wasn't happy with them, and neither were my friends. Most of them were told by myself or others that they shouldn't waste their money. Instead of listening, they blew $500 on pure shit.

I'm perfectly willing to admit that I'm a perfectionist. As long as you admit you don't mind paying $500 for shit.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Would you rather that I lie and say I thought they were awesome?

No, I did not buy a set. I've helped a few friends install them, and they were all garbage. I wasn't happy with them, and neither were my friends. Most of them were told by myself or others that they shouldn't waste their money. Instead of listening, they blew $500 on pure shit.

I'm perfectly willing to admit that I'm a perfectionist. As long as you admit you don't mind paying $500 for shit.
So like everyone else who has a brothers, sisters, cousins uncle that has tried every brand and confirmed they are all crap. Not going to get in a pissing match with you. My experience has been different. I've used the same seller each time. I agreed already there are some shit plastics out there. I think you have more of a piss poor attitude and are closed minded on the subject. I'd also disagree that the $500 plastics I have are shit. Infact they look great.

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
If you want to call voicing an opinion on something, "bashing a thread" then yeah, I'll bash the shit out these threads.

The guy asked for opinions and I gave mine from first hand experience. There is also plenty of posts on forums to back up my views. You had what you perceived to be a good experience. Sorry, but "perfect fit" in my book doesn't involve what you stated. I'll defer to my post above:

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you want to call voicing an opinion on something, "bashing a thread" then yeah, I'll bash the shit out these threads.

The guy asked for opinions and I gave mine from first hand experience. There is also plenty of posts on forums to back up my views. You had what you perceived to be a good experience. Sorry, but "perfect fit" in my book doesn't involve what you stated. I'll defer to my post above:
I'm not talking about just this one. The washer behind the nose was most likely due to the carbon fiber snorkel. Which seems to be pretty normal. The dremel issue was not a hole placement. However the diameter of the bolt base. We could go back and forth. The fact is, there are good fairings out there. There are plenty of bad ones too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts