1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Old & Slow Admin
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
From what I've heard, the Suzuki effort will be with a CRT bike, based on the GSXr-1000 engine.

As for Ben, his results have not been stellar. And with the huge cost of MotoGP racing, results matter.
I figure it's either off to a Suzuki CRT bike or possibly WSBK.

My guess is, he'll ride a Suzuki-based CRT bike since he'll make a lot more money with MotoGP than with WSBK.

After all, winning is glorious, but you have to bank for the future (especially in a sport that can kill or cause serious injury at any moment).

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
From what I've heard, the Suzuki effort will be with a CRT bike, based on the GSXr-1000 engine.

As for Ben, his results have not been stellar. And with the huge cost of MotoGP racing, results matter.
I figure it's either off to a Suzuki CRT bike or possibly WSBK.

My guess is, he'll ride a Suzuki-based CRT bike since he'll make a lot more money with MotoGP than with WSBK.

After all, winning is glorious, but you have to bank for the future (especially in a sport that can kill or cause serious injury at any moment).
I could see him being Colin Edward's team mate or replacement, pending on which way Colin decides.

·
Old & Slow Admin
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IMO, there is no way in hell he would take a CRT ride for next year....he still wants to win races and that will never happen on a CRT.

I still have my fingers crossed for a true Suzuki MotoGP ride with Keven Schwantz as the manager! Other than that, if he doesn't get a true MotoGP ride, my next guess is a Suzuki in WSBK.

BTW, I'm only basing this off of his comment of going "back where we are meant to be".

·
Old & Slow Admin
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FWIW, someone on the wera board brought up an interesting point.

According to Yamaha official tweets, they are at Yamaha US HQ in california shooting a video with "all four GP riders". Ben's most recent tweets show him getting ready for the video, wearing silly hats.

So is he tweeting that he is leaving Yamaha while shooting a video at Yamaha? If this is a joke, EPIC would be an understatement. LOL

·
Registered
198 Posts
Cal Crutchlow has pretty much earned Spies' ride. Would be nice to see Spies take Stoners spot but then again Spies already had a superior machine but couldn't produce results so maybe CRT is a good move with Suzuki or to Ducati since Hayden maybe stepping down. As for still making videos for Yamaha, he's still gotta fulfill his contract till its over.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Bring him back to Yosh in AMA so he can show the world that Josh Hayes isn't really that quick.

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
not really suprising news, spies has been less impressive on the factory bike than he was on the monster. he had it coming

·
Old & Slow Admin
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cal Crutchlow has pretty much earned Spies' ride. Would be nice to see Spies take Stoners spot but then again Spies already had a superior machine but couldn't produce results so maybe CRT is a good move with Suzuki or to Ducati since Hayden maybe stepping down. As for still making videos for Yamaha, he's still gotta fulfill his contract till its over.
How has Cal earned Ben's ride? If anyone on the Tech3 team deserves Ben's ride, it's Dovizioso. Cal has not even been on the box this year.

·
Registered
198 Posts
ok ok

How has Cal earned Ben's ride? If anyone on the Tech3 team deserves Ben's ride, it's Dovizioso. Cal has not even been on the box this year.
Ok OK, Dovi is kickin ass too! I just like Cal better but I think we both know Spies ain't cuttin it right now.

·
Registered
198 Posts
So True

Bring him back to Yosh in AMA so he can show the world that Josh Hayes isn't really that quick.
He had to wait till all the competition left to finally win. Now he thinks he's superman. Oh if Mladin or Spies would come back for just one more year and put him back in his place.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Agree 100% AMA is a joke now. Lets see Hayes in sbk!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
It would be pathetic

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
I could see him being Colin Edward's team mate or replacement, pending on which way Colin decides.
I'm thinking Colin is heading towards a CRT bike based on the CBR1000RR engine.
He was not happy at all with the Suter/BMW team.
We shall see...

·
Old & Slow Admin
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm thinking Colin is heading towards a CRT bike based on the CBR1000RR engine.
He was not happy at all with the Suter/BMW team.
We shall see...
CE needs to go to WSBK on an Aprilia, Honda or Yamaha and start having fun again!

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
agreed, but dovi has had his chance on one of the best factory rides on the grid and didnt impress. its only when these guys are on a 2nd rate underdog machine that they really start pushing and try to get noticed.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I couldnt agree more!!! Dovi never had the fire until he was on the b bike with something to prove. He just never had that killer instinct

·
Registered
50 Posts
FWIW, someone on the wera board brought up an interesting point.

According to Yamaha official tweets, they are at Yamaha US HQ in california shooting a video with "all four GP riders". Ben's most recent tweets show him getting ready for the video, wearing silly hats.

So is he tweeting that he is leaving Yamaha while shooting a video at Yamaha? If this is a joke, EPIC would be an understatement. LOL
Technically, he is still a Yamaha MotoGP rider, and as such, still has certain promotional obligations for the duration of the season...so it's not really out of the ordinary.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I think after Marco Simoncelli died Spies realized this job was dangerous and his arrogant win or crash style faded into compromise. Don't take this as a negative remark, fear, intelligence, choice, and readjustment to reality are good human values, as opposed to being stupidly reckless.
A monster yamaha will suit him well and it seems as Yamaha does not allow its satellite team to be too far off the factory bike, unlike Honda that leaves other Hondas 2 notches back in development.
I also think that the technical rules this year have nearly killed the sport. Riders are complaining, technical staff are cursing, and lap times have not gone up with the extra 200cc in an era where supersport 1L sales have gone down a cliff.
Most people I know between the high cost of following MotoGP and the lack of excitement have switched to SB following where the show is exciting and bikes resemble what you can buy. Like F1 that has been minimized into a sport of wasting billions into pit strategy.
I'd like to see some GP500s with Stoner and Rossi doing some elbow stuff acrobatics and no electronics in spin/brake control on public tv and some production clean exhaust 2t 500 bike. If you can clean out a damn diesel to pass smog you can do it on a 2t bike.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts