RC51 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
I've been riding for almost 44 years and have alway's liked the adrenaline rush from speed. I started out with a 350 Honda then Kawasaki 650 (4 stroke 4 cylinder) 750, ZX-11 then Yamaha's R1, next was an Aprilia Mille 1000R (I still own it). And now another real torque monster that refuses to obey speed limits let alone the dreaded school zone try doing 20 mph on this bike it hated every second. I enjoy the RC51 it if I can keep from getting tickets I can't afford and hopefully if I need maintenance done that I can't do I'll be able to find a qualified person to work on it. That is the issue with the Aprilia is finding someone to keep up the maintenance as the bikes get older even if they look like new! This RC51 came with nice yoshi headers a power commander and it really handles great at high speeds. This bike belongs on a track but for right now I'm just going to try to keep my safe drivers license as long as possible! L Enjoy the ride 馃弽 Peace!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Red Flash! I'm sure you have a lot of knowledge on the RC51 by now! I'm planning on keeping it although it definitely isn't a comfortable ride and at 64 I probably won't put 400 mile days like I did on the ZX-11. I put a Corbin seat on it and should have never sold it just to go out for long rides it would keep up with just about anything on the highway. It was a handful in tight corners and R1's caught my eye and I had to buy a new one just because I could. The Aprilia and RC51 are altogether different but I'm enjoying them if it ever stops raining here this year! Peace,Sam 馃弽鉁岎煆

Premium Member
NE Florida saying Welcome RC51Rock&Rolls. I also have an '04 RC51, although I didn't buy it new I cherish it like a new born child...HaHaHa. Riding in Florida is not much fun and specially not fun when it rains like it has lately. Lots of info on this site if you take the time to search and you can always ask questions if you can't locate an answer. Cheers...

Reactions: RC51Rock&Roll

Registered
Hi Red Flash,
I live in Ocala right now but have lived in lots of cities! Thanks I was hoping this site would be a friendly and informative place.
Jax area is actually where I got my bike from a guy that traded for work on a roofing job it came from a older man like me.

Registered
I can remember years coming back from Bike Week ( late 90's) in rains that were so windy and total blinding rain I wasn't sure I would make it home. The lightning made hiding under a bridge unbearable along with wind and Semi-Trucks almost blowing the bike over it seemed time to ride or should I say hyrdroplane home.

Registered
Hi DannyBoy,
Thanks!! You guy's really have been getting slammed with rain! I have friends that go no matter what it's like but I'll wait for some decent weather. 馃尋馃弽

Premium Member
Pictures of the Black Beauty? Your Avatar is too small!

Edit: Made the mistake of looking at Wibbly's Blackie again. That bike has $1000.00 Bills hanging off it, all over the place! Jealousy Factor: 10

Registered
Nice.

Fork rebuild helps with the ride.

I鈥檓 in Melbourne Beach FL

Ocala has some nice hills and lakes.

Let me know if you want to sell it. Bitcoin20k Gmail com.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts