18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First Twin after:

600 Katana (yes - humble beginnings)
ZX6R
00 R1
04 R6
and now the RC.

Initial impressions, is that it's not quite as fast as my R1 is, but A LOT more fun to drive. The dude I bought it from removed one of the cans to make it loud(!!?) Which it did, but I'm a little worried about the non-equal backpressure going on - I'll have to get some aftermarket cans - any advice?

Look forward to the community and riding out here in the NW!

BTW - it didn't come with a rear seat, are they available for this bike?

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Welcome Dakota. You're gonna love the character of the RC51.
Took off the can to make it loud? Ummmm, ok. You sure he didn't take off the can to hide damage? Where is it? I never heard of that before, but then you never know. Don't go riding it around that way. I've got a stock sp2 right side you could have for real cheap. like $25 + shipping. It's in excellent condition.

Oh yea, PICs!

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Welcome...and get that damn muffler back on before you go deaf.:D

As far as a seat, rc51parts.com may have something for you. If not, a block of oak or maple would be just as comfortable.:D

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
Here is a great site for up there if you haven't heard of it: http://pnwriders.com/

Lots of members, good people that will help you out in a pinch if you need it.

This is another great RC51 related site: http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/honda-sport-twins/

There are a set of used sato low mounts in the classifieds right now for $625. Sato's are regarded as the best for sound and power on the RC, but they stopped making exhausts for our bike a while ago. I think they are actually getting out of exhausts all together.

Or if you want new, simonkobe sells some really nice stuff. Here is a link to his eBay store, but he also sells on speedzilla: http://motors.shop.ebay.com/simonkobejapan/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

I just purchased a set of the full titanium ovals with titanium mid pipes for $1000. To say they are nice is quite the understatement! They are pretty much the same thing as Arata slip-ons, but with no badges and different end caps.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Hey Dakota, I don't know how to send a picture in PM, so here they are. That little dink is the only damage I could find. If you want this pipe, shoot me your email and we'll figure out the details.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Jon and everyone else for all the advice / gouge!

I'll buy the muffler from you - pm me and we'll work out something.

This bike is AWESOME, it's probably running leaner than the Olsen twins but I can't resist. Anyway, it doesn't stop it from sounding incredible and by incredible I mean loud...

Yesterday I set off a car alarm getting on the throttle by a parked car - I am hooked.

Did I mention this thing has some torque? A quote I heard a while back "HP sells cars but torque wins races." :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here it is...

It's got aftermarket plastics, and a slightly dented fuel tank - so yeah, you're right - it's probably been wrecked (also the bracket which holds the exhaust is broken).

Anyway, the aftermarket plastics are much better than those I had one my R1 - eBay crap which looked ok but were an absolute pain to install.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
It's got aftermarket plastics, and a slightly dented fuel tank - so yeah, you're right - it's probably been wrecked (also the bracket which holds the exhaust is broken).

Anyway, the aftermarket plastics are much better than those I had one my R1 - eBay crap which looked ok but were an absolute pain to install.
Shes going to be nice when you get her into shape.....once you get a little scratch....some Lady Birds or Akro's are in order for that ride.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts