RC51 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let’s see what everyone is currently using to protect that skull....

My current Shoei and my wish list Arai helmets

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Shoei x-12 Daijiro Kato replica

Reactions: Joe XR

·
Registered
93 Posts
I am using an Arai Signet X. A perfect helmet for me. Protective, good looking, quiet, and comfortable. I super love the friction windshield. It is never in the wrong place because of an indent. The price is the hardest part to take. Totally worth it though. I had a Nexx carbon X2 for a few years. Super incredibly light weight, but it was large feeling and very noisy. I should have never strayed away from Arai, and I will only be wearing Arai for the rest of my motorcycling days.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Got the Icon for the looks but it is a tighter than normal fit for my taste to the point that it is sometimes painfull to get into it or out of it for that matter, then again nuggets can be quite different so it's probably me. Sometimes I ride with the Shoei RF-1400 during short trips, very nice helmet and great fit. Now the one 'to go to' that imo obliverates all the others is the Arai Corsair-X, the fit is perfect, the ventilation is fantastic even during 95 degrees days, the spoilers keep the wind in-check without getting the neck pulled back all the time making it is easier to turn or move the head at high speeds without drama and once you put it on is amazingly comfortable, it pretty much feels like part of you instead of just riding gear. I might end up selling the Icon and the Shoei if anything is interested.

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
I'm not that high end but my old RPHA 10 saved my scull (and likely my life) when I wen
Sports equipment Helmet Sports gear Automotive lighting Headgear
t down 3 years ago. I replaced it with an RPHA11 Pro

·
Registered
17 Posts
Arai RX-7 **** Doohan replica and a Nicky Hayden Laguna Seca replica which is getting a bit old but it has hardly been worn and I won't get rid of it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts