1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 RC51
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas..

Working on the RC a bit today.

I've got a spare set of front RC calipers with my bike i started cleaning up, they are in decent shape but need some attention..

They need a good clean. New seals, new cups etc.. being a spare set are these worth getting back in like new shape? I started adding up prices on new bolts, seals, cups and it's adding up awfully quick..

I like having the spare set, but not sure if worth the cost to get them new again like I'd like them..

Any other options? Is there a Dan Kyle out there for brakes that rebuilds calipers for a decent price?

Is there a better aftermarket caliper alternative I'm not seeing that use factory size rotors to look into in the future?

I know alot of veteran members have pry rebuilt, upgraded, just looking for cost vs benefits since I have this extra set..

Kinda vague question I know as im not sure yet what I want to do.. I do have the brembo MC and new stainless lines coming for what that's worth.. As always appreciate any guidance!

·
Registered
2002 RC51
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those sure are pretty!! Hadn't seen that mount before, I like the looks of that.. thanks!

Mind if I ask what the gsxr brembos are bringing these days? Never looked into that route..

Not sure I want to swap completely, but your setup looks great!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Check Ebay on the Brembos, I think I paid $250 for both calipers and the master. Prices might be higher now, thanks to our new normal...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts