RC51 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last issue with this bike and she is ready to go. I followed the instructions on hotbody undertails. Two things, 1: it says there is only 2 brown wires on the bike. Mine has 3, well, black with brown stripe, I assume that is what the instructions were talking about. I wired it up and everything comes on. Only, the brake lights are on all the time and when I hit the brake lever they go dim. And my foot brake light doesn't do anything. I assume that may be a switch issue. Any help on what is going on witht the wiring would be appreciated.
Thanks
Canty

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
You only need to learn to use one of these. Then you'll be all set. Easy to work out such problems then.

Connect the crocodile clip to + on your battery to find -ve earth and vice versa to see which wire has power when you press the brake lever, etc. That's basically how it's used. You can find videos on Youtube I'm sure.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Circuit-Tester-6V-12V-DC-Systems-Long-Probe-Continuity-Test-Light-Car-Voltage-/271761478751?hash=item3f463f145f&item=271761478751&vxp=mtr

Also useful for finding battery drain faults, which may be found on Youtube too.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks. Have you ever seen the brake switch shut off the lights? And what about that third black with brown tracer wire?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts