RC51 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me the difference in brake lines from the SP1 and SP2?
I'm looking at a set of spieglers, front and rear, but they're listed as being for a SP2.
Why wouldn't they fit my SP1?

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
The only difference I could possibly see is the rear caliper bracket and swing arm length effecting the rear line length. Probably not on issue though. If anyone has done a swingarm conversion, maybe they can speak up as to wether or not they had to change lines.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is purely an upgrade of aesthetic purposes. My clear/stainless braided Galfer lines are completely functional and in normal working order. It's just that they dont have the swivel like Spieglers, and the clear finish on the stainless braid is looking just a bit weathered. I'll put them up for sale if I buy the Spieg's.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only difference I could possibly see is the rear caliper bracket and swing arm length effecting the rear line length. Probably not on issue though. If anyone has done a swingarm conversion, maybe they can speak up as to wether or not they had to change lines.
Ah, didn't think of the swingarm. Mine's SP1 - how much shorter is it really? I think it might not be an issue at all since the banjo will swivel for optimum placement of the line.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
John, with the Ohlins and link and the full range of adjustment for the rearsets , a little more length for the rear might be a good thing . The swivels are good . I only needed to move the right front a bit . They were for the most part spot on

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
OEM part numbers are listed as interchangeable on Ron Ayers.

Does anyone know what the three sets of numbers mean?

Front P/N
SP1 45125-MCF-003
SP2 45125-MCF-D31

Rear P/N
SP1 43310-MCF-003
SP2 43310-MCF-D31

Copy and past the P/N HERE

As for aftermarket makers, I can not say anything for. But I'd assume that if OEM ones are then they are as well.

James

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
And I have a spare SP2 swing arm if this becomes an issue.:D

I had Galfer's last time and went with Spiegler's this time due to the adjustable joints.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well James already sold the brake lines SubSailor and macDANalay. :D
I been scooped! No worries, I would have done the same thing. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts