RC51 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a couple of pics of my front brake pads. I'm thinking I'm at about 50%, am I wrong?

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
My new Galfer pads have about 1/4" out of the package.....yeah, you might want to change those babies soon.:cool:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From looking at my new CL XBK5 pads I got a little less than 1/4". I'll probably throw them on there soon just to be safe. Thanks for the replies. :)

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
From what I can tell your old pads look about the same as mine. But I did just throw on the same set of CL pads with new to me Galfer rotos. I only instead the pads because of the new rotors. I'll try to get up some pictures of my old pads for you to compare.

James

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
From what I can tell your old pads look about the same as mine. But I did just throw on the same set of CL pads with new to me Galfer rotos. I only instead the pads because of the new rotors. I'll try to get up some pictures of my old pads for you to compare.

James

Thanks. There's nothing I dislike about my current pads but I don't want to run them too long.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
From my experience with automobile brake pads, the grooves are like wear bars on tires. As long as they have the grooves, they're still good.

If this doesn't apply to motorcycles, please call me out on it.

But do take the time to clean out the groove and de-glaze them. It never hurts.

·
Registered
382 Posts
as said above, the grooves are like the wear indicators on tires. When the grooves are gone, then it's time to replace. if you aren't racing, you would be fine for a while longer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts