RC51 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK last one for the night. If i ask to many damn ?'s just tell me to shut the Hell up lol. Any way need some new front rotors as mine have begun to shake ans shimmer from what i can only be sure is a warped rotor. have read all the reviews and what not but would love your guys opinion on what Rotors to get that are the best bang for the buck. I dont need nor can i really afford Brembo but want good rotors.

·
Registered
422 Posts
There alot, Brembo, galfer, braking,EBC...i'm not sure how much they sell in US...My friend using Galfer semi float..so far no comment from him..(must be good)..as for the pads..i prefer EBC, long lasting...i have tried goldfren but very fast finnish...4 Hrs track session only..

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
There are many different brands and designs to choose from.
Brembo, Galfer, BrakeTech, Alth, EBC, etc.
From the relatively inexpensive (I said relatively), to the very inexpensive.
Currently I'm using Galfer wave rotors (the regular, not the Superbike waves).
I was planning on using BrakeTech Axis Cobras in stainless, but they were back-ordered due to manufacturing issues last year.

If you're interested, I could make you a deal on a set of good used Galfer waves for your bike. I've been interested in switching to the Axis Cobras.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOl Ill keep that in mind. Its funny i was looking strongly at the galfers and the Braketechs. I saw those composite ones they have. look pretty sweettt.

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
LOl Ill keep that in mind. Its funny i was looking strongly at the galfers and the Braketechs. I saw those composite ones they have. look pretty sweettt.
Yeah those CMC rotors are nice, but at $1700 each, far too rich for my wallet.
And the CMC pads are about $65 per caliper.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah and the CMC rotors are really for the track only really work well when they are up to temp. so i went with theh Braketech CObra SS rotors and the Furado sinster grip ST pads.. will see how they do.

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
Yeah and the CMC rotors are really for the track only really work well when they are up to temp. so i went with theh Braketech CObra SS rotors and the Furado sinster grip ST pads.. will see how they do.
From BrakeTech's site, the advantage of the CMC rotors over RCC (Reinforced Carbon-Carbon) is no need for warm up. The CMC rotors are usable on the street or track. The RCC rotors are only for race as they only are usable when at their operating temp.
The CMC rotors would be great for the street if they weren't so expensive.
They're also quite a bit lighter.
Maybe one day as technology advances, we'll see them as standard equipment.

·
Banned
7 Posts
You're forgetting about the rest of the brake part*s, including your brake rotors. Brake rotors are an import*ant component in the braking system that stops your vehicle. Brake rotors (they're also called brake discs) are what your vehicle's brake pads clamp down on to stop the wheels from spinning. Some people may be surprised to learn that the brake rotors are just as important to stopping their vehicle as the brake pads are. Like other brake parts, there are several different types of brake rotors available. We'll take a look at a variety of them throughout this article -- pointing out the strong points and drawbacks of each along the way.

=====================

Breast Augmentation| Breast Enlargement

1 - 9 of 9 Posts