RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
You have to notch the caliper bracket with a dremel tool or some device for the rotor buttons to clear.

From Brake Tech's site: "All Japanese Sportbikes with Nissin (rear) calipers require a small amount of relieving of the OE caliper bracket to provide clearance for the floater button flange head".

These rotors are not produced in great quantities, they're produced in batches based on rotor diameter, so patience is not only a virtue, it's a necessity.
I waited 4 months for mine to ship.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
If they're cheap enough, I'll have one too guys! ;)

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
If they're cheap enough, I'll have one too guys! ;)
I saw that coming :p:D
We will keep you in the loop sir...
Looking forward to your call sir. I am ok with the waiting period as I am not in any sort of rush whatsoever.
:cool:

Stig, I will have more info on the weekend in regards to our inquiry into the custom one off TDR under slung bracket and our Discacciati compatible under slung brackets as well.
The guy is on vacation :rolleyes::D
Chat soon guys !

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Thanks Duckman. No rush for caliper brackets here either. Both are for projects in progress. :)

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Nobody, BTW - I'd prefer a stainless rear floater please (as opposed to cast iron).
Thanks buddy. :)

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Nobody - yeah, I figured you would want cast iron to match your fronts, buddy. ;)

Subsailor, thanks & probably as you say... I've been waiting 2 months for a cast iron 320mm front for a CRF and was told this morning it's going to take another 6 weeks are they're waiting for orders to builds up before going to production. True of false I don't know - but nobody will probably have his ear to the ground when he inquires. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
I don't know how the route other guys want to to go but since I'm already running the irons so I kinda wouldn't mind matching it...but it is only the rear. Hmmm....
I will be wanting a stainless rear myself...
As I will be getting the stainless fronts from Braketech next year after my new radial calipers are here to match up to my S&P fork bottoms.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Copycat...

Or rather, Copyduck. :D

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
You got used Braketech rear floaters? :D

That's some rare find!

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
You got used Braketech rear floaters? :D

That's some rare find!
I think you read that wrong ?? :p:rolleyes::D:)
Braketech fronts do not come up for sale used, I have been watching for them...
SO, I have to bite on new front ones, and a new rear.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Ah, OK - understood now. If I were selling my Braketech fronts you know you'd be the first to know, but they're definitely destined for my VFR to RC51 front end conversion.
As my original discs are more warped than the Starship Enterprise that's where they'll be headed, along with the good nobody's spare SP2 calipers. About time I upgraded the VFR a bit, it's been 17 years that I've neglected to do anything to it (Well, not true - but no significant modifications since back then!).

On another note, I unwrapped my as-new CRF front forks, triple and Discacciati caliper today and took a look at the new wheels. OMG = it's all such sexy stuff! Just waiting on a cast iron Braketech & a spindle. Then I'll take the frame apart and send a few bits for powder coating, barrels for stage 3 porting, etc. This old TDR is going to be so much fun! :D

I'll be in touch with Pete later today, as he'll be making me a new stem for the CRF triple to fit the TDR and a few other bits. Will jog him to get in touch with you too, buddy. He's been away on holiday and had a tough time getting back into work, that was the last I heard from him so I've left it another week or so before bothering him. :p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts