RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Location? "New," as in still at a dealership? Or something else? Please explain.

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Welcome along. Don't have a current Bluebook value up here for an '06, as they weren't availble up here after '05. Cdn 'clean' on an '05 is $6500, MSRP was $16,599, so US would be mid $5k I reckon. Brand new it's between you and the seller as to what it would be. They're rare enough that if you find one unregistered/new it's liable to be pricey.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
You could be a Fine Sport, and if your own pockets are not deep enough.. Give me a PM, or list a thread of where the dealership is , and their asking price..
If you do not ride it off their lot..

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
Retail blue book is $6,435. But that is used, so the dealer will try and charge you a premium above that for a new bike. Somewhere around seven grand would be my guess. There was a guy that had new '04 on eBay at 10k for a while. I don't think it ever sold for that though.

Unless you plan on never riding it, I wouldn't waste the cash on a new one. There are too many low mile garage queens with some farkles out there that could be had for the same money.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Sorry yes new at dealership not reged no miles. Thanks.
No prob. FWIW, there was a dealership (late last fall IIRC) near me that had a leftover 05 or 06 model that fetched somewhere around $10K - $11K.

The bike was sold as a new/never titled vehicle, however the dealer/owner did put a few miles on it over the years (still came with a factory warranty since it was never titled before).

The above is just a reference point and there's no telling what the dealership in your neck of the woods is willing to do on pricing. Obviously the dealer will want to sell the bike at MSRP or above and your job is to purchase at invoice or below, the lower the better ! :D

Unless you planned on keeping this new bike as a museum piece (or for some other reason?), I'd look for a well kept, low mileage used bike instead - have plenty of patience and the right bike will come around (for a lot less than what a dealership will require for a new/leftover model).

Your choice, your money - g'luck w/ the search either way !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No prob. FWIW, there was a dealership (late last fall IIRC) near me that had a leftover 05 or 06 model that fetched somewhere around $10K - $11K.

The bike was sold as a new/never titled vehicle, however the dealer/owner did put a few miles on it over the years (still came with a factory warranty since it was never titled before).

The above is just a reference point and there's no telling what the dealership in your neck of the woods is willing to do on pricing. Obviously the dealer will want to sell the bike at MSRP or above and your job is to purchase at invoice or below, the lower the better ! :D

Unless you planned on keeping this new bike as a museum piece (or for some other reason?), I'd look for a well kept, low mileage used bike instead - have plenty of patience and the right bike will come around (for a lot less than what a dealership will require for a new/leftover model).

Your choice, your money - g'luck w/ the search either way !
thanks for the advice everyone! I have seen some really nice super low mile bikes I am new to the RC 51 I'm doing my research about them now about what I can and can't do with them

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
It's hard to say what that dealer has in that bike. Don't know if there were any non-current incentives he could have gotten from Honda, but to claim them he'd have had to register the bike as sold to somebody to collect the rebate (if any), which means you wouldn't get a 'new' title or a NVIS with the bike when you purchase it. If he's holding out for MSRP or near to it, he'll need to find someone that is really hungry to buy it. He's obviously paid it out or he'd be paying interest up the yin yang on it, all of which adds to what his cost on the bike is. Personally I'd say he's gonna lose his a$$ on it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My guess is that it would be priced high. I dont know if I would buy something like that. A brand new 06 RC51 with no miles would probably be something you would want for a collection and not for riding now. I want to ride my bikes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So are you going to INFORM the wanting??? Aleast inform us where in GOD'S country -you live....
Well I live in the us and I let you know if I don't buy it there's a 2002 in new jersey with 0 miles he wants 8900 for it its on the sprockets buyers guide.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Well, Hell Thanks for coordinate... I am glad I didn't ask you for directions...
I own a "RED" 2003.. a 2006 would be black..
Yes, thank you for the info on the 2002 in NJ. and there is #2 2000 RC-51 in GA. Yet the black is something of a unicorn, to some of us...
Please be considerate... Pass on the opportunity to purchase -only if you cannot.. or post pictures.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, Hell Thanks for coordinate... I am glad I didn't ask you for directions...
I own a "RED" 2003.. a 2006 would be black..
Yes, thank you for the info on the 2002 in NJ. and there is #2 2000 RC-51 in GA. Yet the black is something of a unicorn, to some of us...
Please be considerate... Pass on the opportunity to purchase -only if you cannot.. or post pictures.....
You bet! No problem I will let you know.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Your a real buddy..Thank you..:)..... I don't call people of kind nature "PAL":confused: because "P.A.L. is the acronym for
Personal -Ass -Licker... JFYI... Thanks for being a buddy..
Hopes for your purchase -or to hear from you on any other info on your find...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Your a real buddy..Thank you..:)..... I don't call people of kind nature "PAL":confused: because "P.A.L. is the acronym for
Personal -Ass -Licker... JFYI... Thanks for being a buddy..
Hopes for your purchase -or to hear from you on any other info on your find...
I'm glad i'm not your PAL, Buddy is cool! I'll let you know what happens it won't be for a while a month at least hopefully sooner! I'm a big fan of hayabusas which i have now but would like to get the RC 51 I saw it in 06 at the same dealership and really like it! I want something different! If you read Super Street Bike my bike will be the cover bike for August JFYI...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey wahly68,

Any update to this bike? Did you end up purchasing it? If not please let us know where it is located :cool:.

Thank you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not much to update no pic's talked to a friend of the owner not sure if he will sell I'm waiting till i have all cash to make him an offer hard to walk away from a big bag of money!! will let you know what happens promise!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts