RC51 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a sp1 HRC racer for sale.
it is brand new and neve been started. it is loaded with HRC goodies and seems to be the 'complete racer model' but i could be wrong. im waiting for confirmation from HRC UK for who it was built for etc... they have confirmed they did build it .

it has 'complete racer' clocks/dash, rearsets, akro exhaust, full carbon fairing and ducts, radiators, etc.....

this should be an animal and as said has never been sed and in my eyes want to be in a private collecton

serious offers only. i can help with shipping anywhere in the world.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol yes it was painted to comemorate colin edwards win. this has been in a collection for castrol (the oil giant) hence the colours.
look beyond the paintwork and look at the hrc parts.
even most of the bolts are titainium and HRC UK can confirm they built the bike.

just the exhaust system (even if you could buy it which you cant) retails at 5k. hrc really can pick prices out the air lol

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok and the bike was originally just bare carbon from the factory. the paint is the only change made from being built as far as im aware

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes i'll get a friend over to help me take the fairing off though so i dont damage it.
ive subscribed to speedzilla but they are taking ages to confirm my account so i can start posting.
any serious offers who needs a full lowdown of the spec just let me know

·
Registered
32 Posts
if thats a hrc works bike then it would have an sp2 swingarm on it as when the sp1 came out and you ordered the race kit from hrc you got the swingarm that came on the sp2. also why would it have stock forks,shock, brakes, brake lines and discs if its a hrc racebike. nonethe less its a bad ass bike.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
at what point did i say this was a 'factory racer'? no, the bikes dont. it would not have an sp2 swingarm on it! and why people think the sp2 swingarm is the same as the factory one is beyond me! orange7r this is a kit bike, not a factory racer... you can not buy a factory racer for love nor money.
standard forks and brakes come as standard but with different internals. if you want to go further you can improve the kit bike with more HRC parts you can.
the bike has already been verified by HRC U.K. thats it has been built for the castrol oil company. this was done by the frame numbers which are different compared to normal road bikes.
in the UK there was a rider called sean emmett. he raced one of these in 2000. it just just happens i had an old copy of 'performance bike magazine' which go into detail.
firstly they bought a kit sp1, then harris performance swingarm, then they bought ohlins forks, then bought different brakes and wheels etc....
the kit bikes are just a starting point. they come with different cams, pistons etc so it makes a reasonable amount of horsepower, fit carbon bodywork, different dash, rearsets, higher reving ecu, factory akro exhaust (nothing like the one you can buy from your dealer), different clocks, carbon snorkel, front mounted rads rarther than on the side etc etc.... so trust me....... this is very different to a normal sp1 and you can no longer buy the parts from HRC.
hope that clears some confusion

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
at what point did i say this was a 'factory racer'? no, the bikes dont. it would not have an sp2 swingarm on it! and why people think the sp2 swingarm is the same as the factory one is beyond me! orange7r this is a kit bike, not a factory racer... you can not buy a factory racer for love nor money.
standard forks and brakes come as standard but with different internals. if you want to go further you can improve the kit bike with more HRC parts you can.
the bike has already been verified by HRC U.K. thats it has been built for the castrol oil company. this was done by the frame numbers which are different compared to normal road bikes.
in the UK there was a rider called sean emmett. he raced one of these in 2000. it just just happens i had an old copy of 'performance bike magazine' which go into detail.
firstly they bought a kit sp1, then harris performance swingarm, then they bought ohlins forks, then bought different brakes and wheels etc....
the kit bikes are just a starting point. they come with different cams, pistons etc so it makes a reasonable amount of horsepower, fit carbon bodywork, different dash, rearsets, higher reving ecu, factory akro exhaust (nothing like the one you can buy from your dealer), different clocks, carbon snorkel, front mounted rads rarther than on the side etc etc.... so trust me....... this is very different to a normal sp1 and you can no longer buy the parts from HRC.
hope that clears some confusion
many, many pics of this bike with the fairing removed are now offically required

·
Registered
32 Posts
the swingarm on the sp2 was in the race kit honda sold for the sp1. look it up im not bsing you, no race bike has stock suspension with different internals in them, maybe if you or me wanted a track bike than that would be the way to go but you said hrc uk built this bike so thats why i question the credibility of the bike, not your cedibility. not trying to say anything about you but the bike raises questions for me, thats all. and i know who sean emmett is, great rider too. by the way you said you have a hrc sp1 racer, if hrc built it thats the only reason i have questions but i dont mean to cause any probs man just noticing some stuff, its all good.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no offence taken orange7r, but the 'race kit swingarm' really isnt an sp2 item. the kit item is triangular in shape (think of a cbr600rr one). later in the sp2 life when colin edwards was racing they did move to a swingarm which does look very similar to the standard sp2 item but thats all. for starters have you felt the weight of one? ive got an sp2 roadbike and a spare sp2 swingarm which i was also going to fit to this but never have. they wouldnt have that on a WSB racebike. its too heavy.
and yes i do exactly see what you are saying about the suspension however remember this bike is just a starting point. even a kit engine wont push more than 145 hp at the rear wheel. thats still 40 bhp off the factory bike! again, honda never expected you to race a standard kit bike. its just a platform to build something from.

i have a rs125 honda too which i use for tack days. now that bike out the crate has been handbuilt by the HRC factory. all of them are. but you could never dream of racing a standard one. forks are usually replaced with W.P. items as is the shock, then the calipers get swapped for brembo units, the bodywork which needs swapping for carbon,etc.... then you start on the engine. you get many companies selling different engine kits. you get a B, A and a factory engine kit. some of these cylinder kits cost more than my complete bike. mine makes 38 bhp at the wheel as standard. the 125's on the world stage are meant to be making 50-55 bhp WTF!

what im trying to say is just because it says HRC on it doesnt make it the best ever bike out there. its just a good starting point to build a racer. but if you went to honda in 2000 and asked to buy their racer this is what your money would have got you back then. it has all the important parts. on the other hand i see sp1's racing days are over and on that front i think this is more for showing off rarther than people riding it

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol, yes its abit of a squeeze, its shocking to think i can lap a race track faster on my little 125 than my road sp2.

yes i'll have the fairing whiped off this week for some more

1 - 17 of 17 Posts