RC51 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok you guys. I am getting ready to put on my black calipers and rotors plus my rear brake light switch. I have a Brand new unopened ATE can of fluid. I bought it in 02 or 03 when I was car racing. The seal has not been broken but it has been stored in my old garage, not heated. Is it good or not :confused:
THANKS GUYS Hoovy

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
That's at least 10 years old, been through a few heat and cold cycles, I'd replace it with new. I wouldn't trust it, seeing how the main concern of brake fluid is absorbsion of moisture or condensation. Surely after 10 years, even in a sealed bottle, condensation could be possible, not to mention the breakdown of the oil itself. For your brakes right? Why risk it when for less than $10 you can get fresh?

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
^+1...its cheap enough and critical enough not to gamble with. Save it for the mother-in-law kind of thing there...:D

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very True

You guys are always on top of things. It is in the metal can with the milk like pull out seal but it really isn't worth the risk. It is just not easy to find here in the BOONIES :) I was just in Richmond yesterday, DUUUUHHH. Have a great weekend Guys :D :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts