RC51 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a few more questions on this clutch master cylinder before I pull the trigger. For those of you who may have already switched over can you answer the following:

1. Can you use the stock clutch line or do you have to go to an aftermaket one due to the position of the radial port vs. the stock port on the master cylinder?

2. I really want to keep some sort of a safety switch for the clutch. Has anyone used a pressure switch on the banjo bolt and does it it fit without any interference. I can always make up some wiring clips to attach into the stock harness connectors. If not has anyone used anything else to retain this safety feature?

I was planing on going with a Brembo 19 RCS master cylinder for the brakes and wanted to keep things somewhat looking the same on both sides of the triple tree.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Nick

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
1. You will need a stainless clutch line, angle and fitment is a problem. Essentially the feel from a $300 master would be negated by the shit rubber line.

2.Yea its splice in, its just bit longer than a stock banjo bolt because of the wiring. Make sure to get the "fine pitch" threaded version as Brembo uses its own thread pitch that's different than the stock stuff. You can optionally get the billet brembo unit which is more expensive but there are provisions for an actual mechanical switch vs. the pressure principle banjo switches. I prefer the "click"/mechanical feel of the switch so i went with a Brembo 19x18 on the clutch side (w/ TSR slave).

3. Look into Galespeed, they make really nice stuff for cheaper than Brembo, and honestly if I was to do it again I would have gone with them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts