RC51 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
3,633 Posts
Well pretty easy to measure the caliper bolt spacing...but I don't think they are 40mm.

I tend to not purchase anything from ebay when the seller is not sure of fitment.

·
Banned
3,633 Posts
Yes but if I was you I would measure bolt spacing on the calipers and snipe those calipers last minute...that's if you were wanting them. As I don't think the seller realises what he has.

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
I don't think he realizes what he has either. Those look to me like a set of narrow band rotors, and the calipers look like they have titanium bolts. Also judging by the safety wire, those are probably off a factory or factory supported race bike.

Those rotors also won't fit a stock Honda wheel. The pattern looks like the Ducati diameter (which is what I believe the RC51 factory race Marchesini magnesium wheels used).

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
So fit with modification to tge brackets for the calipers and you need a different wheel for the rotors?

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts

·
Banned
3,633 Posts
$710 US well I guess some others like us figured out the guy didn't know what he had and pushed up the price.

Anyone on here scoop them up? If I was in the market I would have because even at that price those would have still been a pretty food deal for some Brembo binders...

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was watching them and considered bidding until I saw them jump from 385 in last minute to 660 then to 710. My concern with them is the pictures only show one caliper and one picture of the MC and not very good pictures at that. I asked the seller for more pics and didn't get a response. Kinda lost interest after that. Another thing I considered is that I have to get brackets fabricated and who knows if pads are included. So a bit of additional cost on top.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 15 of 15 Posts