RC51 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bumped on to this master

which is listed at discount of € 2084 (from originally € 2315)

http://www.ebay.it/itm/POMPA-FRENO-ANTERIORE-RADIALE-PR-19-X-18-CNC-BREMBO-RACING-/400511944881?pt=Ricambi_e_Accessori_Moto&hash=item5d405f48b1&_uhb=1

It has a 19mm diameter piston at 18mm pivot distance.

The RSC master has a 19mm piston with an adjustable pivot distance of 18mm to 20mm and costs € 255 to € 300 usually.

Why is that huge price gap between those two, I wonder...

I can see that the expensive one is made out of billet one piece aluminum block but how much difference can this add to the master's functionality?

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
im sure some of the price is because its the exact one used on the MotoGP bikes, the build quality on my RCS's are very nice and i cant imagine these would be "that much" better. maybe the machining is better, but im sure you would need another 15-20k in front end parts to really tell the difference

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Definitely tighter tolerances, the RCS is a forged unit. The billets will stand up to crashes a whole better as well, I see titanium bits in that unit too. I have a very very nice billet clutch master, acquired from my good friend rgm he hardly ever posts here and only once I awhile on Speedzilla.

I just picked up all his carbon body work, 1.5 sets of complete Sato exhaust and a whack of nice little goodies as well...spare Sato rearset stuff and so on.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Good read buddy...what position do you like your RCS at? I personally like the 19x18 and never really switch it. I'm tempted to sell the RCS or trade it plus cash to someone tthat has a billet brake master 19x18. I would love to try a 19x16...

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good read buddy...what position do you like your RCS at? I personally like the 19x18 and never really switch it. I'm tempted to sell the RCS or trade it plus cash to someone tthat has a billet brake master 19x18. I would love to try a 19x16...
Since I don't track my RC, I prefer the 20mm offset better than the 18mm.
The brakes are more manageable since I don't have to brake hard while riding around public roads.
Plus I avoid a front wheel locking due to shinned asphalt which is a common thing around here.:eek:

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Really I find the 20 to sudden...I love the progressive feel the 18 gives. Sure there is a bit more lever travel but its very linear.

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Really I find the 20 to sudden...I love the progressive feel the 18 gives. Sure there is a bit more lever travel but its very linear.
In my case it all boils down to that moment when a car's front bumper suddenly pops out a road ahead of you and your finder twitches against the level for half a sec....

I found out that in the 20mm position, that's more manageable to me and to my way of riding.......

But I totally agree with you on the theory

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Yeah, as I remember it the roads in Greece are made with crushed marble. That stuff gets really smooth & shiny and is lethal in the rain. :eek:

I'm still on the lookout for one of these to replace my non-adjustable Brembo currently on the SP (Which will go onto the VFR instead). Still haven't seen them on the market though.
Only one site and it's saying it's still not available. If it's this much though, I might just go for an RCS 18-20. :eek:

http://www.omniaracing.net/en/brembo-racing-1921-mcs-radial-master-cylinder-1921-mcs-front-brake-pump-p-16127.html

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, as I remember it the roads in Greece are made with crushed marble. That stuff gets really smooth & shiny and is lethal in the rain. :eek:
Where I leave road are paved with asphalt but like 50 years ago. They are used a lot by lots of cars and 18 wheelers everyday and a stretch of 20km of road can be run over by 50.000 vehicles every day on a week day.

Highways are a bit better but riding on them won't require to have my finger on the lever just in case.

Those crushed marble made roads you refer to are mostly on islands :)

I'm still on the lookout for one of these to replace my non-adjustable Brembo currently on the SP (Which will go onto the VFR instead). Still haven't seen them on the market though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHri1B7qxtk
Still haven't heard from my supplier on this one.....what was he told me? April they are going to be out in the market?

I had posted his reply email to your thread a while ago.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
It's been around 20 years since I rode into Greece, but when we got to the port in the North (I forget the name) the roads there were paved in marble. Of course much will have changed since (I hope)! I'll never forget riding in following my buddy and seeing a large tortoise crossing the road. Stopped and helped it out... Hopefully I got it to the place he was headed to!

Yeah, they'll be expensive, judging by what 19 x 18 billet M/C's cost from Brembo.
Makes the RCS 18-20 look cheap by comparison. But if I could get it - would then match my clutch M/C :D

I'm seeing a used RCS 18-20 selling in Japan right now that I have my finger on, so I can get that for now and order another later and sell the Brembo 19 x 18 M/C I have on there (Not billet) when the MCS is on the market (at a hopefully sensible price)... We'll see. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts