1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
Not a TRUE radial setup...

·
Banned
3,633 Posts
Honestly for the money I would go with this setup...

http://www.thestopshop.co.uk/pfm.php they are in your neck of the woods.

Sweet setup, some serious brakes or ISR, AP Racing. Stick with axial mounted calipers as those adapters installed its still not a true radial setup.

Or check out the Stig's bike...he has a set of radial fork bottoms from these guys...

http://www.styleandperformance.it/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=293&category_id=75&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=71&lang=en

Mated to Discacciati calipers...very sweet set up.

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
Ahhhh Yes, I have drooled over those PFM setups many times. I love em.....Gonna happen, but not soon.

·
Banned
3,633 Posts
Ahhhh Yes, I have drooled over those PFM setups many times. I love em.....Gonna happen, but not soon.
When you're ready let me know...the guy I dealt with my Beringers can get the PFM's.

Good guy I would have bought the PFM irons but they were taking too long so he gave me the option of the Braketechs for the same price.

BTW the price was considerably under $600 for the PFM's.

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
When you're ready let me know...the guy I dealt with my Beringers can get the PFM's.

Good guy I would have bought the PFM irons but they were taking too long so he gave me the option of the Braketechs for the same price.

BTW the price was considerably under $600 for the PFM's.
Good to know, I will be in touch....;)
This is what I want:D:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
Yes but if you go radial mount do it ala' the Stig with the fork bottoms, because that setup is just pure beauty...
They do have the axial mount for PFM too....and I must agree with you bud, his whole bike is absolutely gorgeous, from his HRC exhaust to his radial bottoms and right to the Euro colors.

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
If you think those are orgasm worthy, you should see their lithium-aluminum alloy monoblocs with titanium pistons used for MotoGP.
At least $8000 per caliper (not set).
65% lighter and 65% stiffer than aluminum alloy monoblocs.
Same tech as F1. Heady stuff there. But so sexy.

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
Good to know, I will be in touch....;)
This is what I want:D:)
The beautiful thing about those PFM rotors is they are secured by a big circlip.
Remove the wheel, pop the clip, and off come the rotors.
Great idea if you damage or wear out a rotor, and if used in racing, can swap from iron for dry races, to stainless for wet races very quickly.
Sadly, there's no U.S. distributor. I have no idea why.

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
The beautiful thing about those PFM rotors is they are secured by a big circlip.
Great idea if you damage or wear out a rotor, and if used in racing, can swap from iron for dry races, to stainless for wet races very quickly.
Thanks for posting Sub!!!:) The first time I saw them on a U.K Sp1....I had to know all about em and how $$ much I needed. I WILL own them one day for sure. Family is ever more important to me (wife and my 2 boys) and such is the reason my RC is taking her time with things:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
Just remember, those are narrow width rotors and calipers.
You'll always have to replace those pads with narrow width ones for the PFM calipers.
But it's the same if you had narrow width Brembos or AP, etc.

·
Banned
3,633 Posts
Oh but there is a US distributor...and PFM makes stock replacements. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts