RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all any of you fit the Brembo RCS 16 Clutch and Brake with master cylinders on your RC51? If so can you use the nissin Calipers or do you need to switch to Brembo? Thanks for your input....

·
Registered
523 Posts
you donot HAVE to switch to Brembo calipers.
I find the NISSIN very good, but there is always "better".... at a cost...

Do check locally (you are in Switzerland right?) what you can and cannot alter on your bike without prior/documented approval. I can imagine them being even stricter than the Germans with their Tuv. They don't care if something is "better", only if the non standard part (vs the one that came on the bike from the factory) has been tested and certified for your specific vehicle. This ain't no redneck count(r)y.... :)
It makes it even more amazing what Egli achieved...

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
The rcs 16 on the brakes might be a little bit too soft. The smaller piston diameter will mean you have a greater hydraulic advantage and longer lever travel.

The rcs 19 is probably a better choice for the brakes

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you donot HAVE to switch to Brembo calipers.
I find the NISSIN very good, but there is always "better".... at a cost...

Do check locally (you are in Switzerland right?) what you can and cannot alter on your bike without prior/documented approval. I can imagine them being even stricter than the Germans with their Tuv. They don't care if something is "better", only if the non standard part (vs the one that came on the bike from the factory) has been tested and certified for your specific vehicle. This ain't no redneck count(r)y.... :)
It makes it even more amazing what Egli achieved...

Hahahaha so true Dutchy....i am afraid that most of the things i am doing to the bike including the Carozzeria wheels will not be approved thne i just have to move it to Slovakia where it will be to my wife's family :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys bringing this back to life. I have brand new braided brake and Clutch lines but am having some difficulties mounting as the angles of the line ends don't match up to the bottom mounting of the brembos....I have the RCS 19 for the brake and RCS 16 for the clutch...... two options 1. Change the angle of the connectors by moving them with a pen. 2. Buy brand new (Are there specific manufacturers who produce lines for brembo products? i have googled to no avail....)

Thanks for your input :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts