RC51 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, Guys.
My brother got the 2013 Repsol yesterday from Stubbs SouthWest in Houston, Texas. It's the same dealership where I got my RC in April 2002.
The local Harley dealership there in the same area did not have enough riders signing on for an Advanced Rider course, so they cancelled it (!).
I've emphasized a track school (Yamaha School of Champions in Vegas with Nick Ienatsch, whom I personally think is a great instructor).
The rest is up to him. He realizes that right now he's more of an operator of a bike, rather than a true rider.
Take Care.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Great looking bike! Did he go with the 1000RR or the 600RR? It is hard to tell by the pic.

Make sure he is careful and takes it slow for a while.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CBR Capacity.

Thanks, Kram.
It's a liter bike.
And I can't wait to ride it next month, when I'll be in Houston.
Yipeeeee eeee ee e !
Take Care.
P.S. He knows to go to the track for instruction. I recommend the Yamaha School of Champions in Vegas. Nick Ienatsch is one of the instructors & my personal favorite.

·
Registered
124 Posts
And I can't wait to ride it next month, when I'll be in Houston.
Please give us your opinions on the bike once you take it for a ride. The 2012+ CBR1000RR is one of the few bikes I would get to replace my RC51. I absolutely love the White/Blue/Red color scheme on the new 2013.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
No problem, Kram.
It'll be my pleasure. And I'll post pics.
It should handle quite differently from my RC.
Take Care.
P.S. I would humbly request you to NEVER sell your RC. You may live to regret it.

·
Registered
468 Posts
i went into the local honda motorcycle dealership to pick up parts for my rc. looked to see if i can find a repsol 1000cc. no such luck.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
I would certainly flog the hell out of that, but not at the cost of selling my RC.

I just took my buddies new to him '06 GSXR1000 for a rip yesterday, crazy top end rush but lacking the connection I have to my RC...sewing machine comes to mind and it's not a Honda. Brutally fast though.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Hello, Guys.
My brother got the 2013 Repsol yesterday from Stubbs SouthWest in Houston, Texas. It's the same dealership where I got my RC in April 2002.
The local Harley dealership there in the same area did not have enough riders signing on for an Advanced Rider course, so they cancelled it (!).
I've emphasized a track school (Yamaha School of Champions in Vegas with Nick Ienatsch, whom I personally think is a great instructor).
The rest is up to him. He realizes that right now he's more of an operator of a bike, rather than a true rider.
Take Care.
Just an FYI he doesn't need to go all the way to Vegas to learn how to ride a motorcycle on the track. Tell him to check out RideSmart.info. They're a track day org based out of Austin but have regular track days at Motorsport Ranch in Houston. They have 3 levels based on experience with 1 being beginner/novice 2 intermediate and 3 advanced. They're actually having a track day there on the 9th and 10th of March.

Now my feelings about the bike. While it is nice looking IMO there are much better options out there for the money. The 2013CBR is basically a 2008 with upgraded suspension and wheels, nothing more. From the way you make it sound this is his first bike? If thats the case then I would have gotten one with as many rider aids (electronics) as possible to fully learn how to ride the bike. Electronics dont make you a better rider by any means but they can keep everything under control a little better. Either way congrats on the new bike and get him out to the track on that thing :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts