RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, having a bit of trouble fitting my new wheels.

On the fronts, the bolt holes for the rotors look like M7/M8, whereas the OEM rotors are M6, so the bolts won't do up. So I either need new aftermarket rotors, or drill out the OEM ones... Not sure this is a good idea.

On the rear, the cush drive that was sent with the wheel was supposed to be specifically for the RC51, but it way smaller than the OEM sprocket, seems very strange. I've contacted the shop I bought the wheels from to see what they can do.

Anyone else have the same issues with these wheels? An any solutions?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Find the actual size of the front rotor holes. Maybe there were helicoils in there. Are these new?

BST uses marchesini sprockets. Not OEM ones. You'll just need to buy the right one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah OK, I'll get a new sprocket, thanks for the info, I'm a technical dunce.

The Honda tech told me that the OEM bolts are M6, which I think is right (part number 90106-MBB-000). If I also put '90106-MBB-000 M6' in a google search it comes up with matching results. The BST wheels are brand new.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
the honda bolts are indeed m6.

strange the BST are different as i have never seen that (i have them, among many others)

you could drill the rotors without any sweat, but i'd explore some alternative solutions. i can't remember if BST has coils in their front wheels (and i don't want to take mine apart), but they MAY. if that's the case you may just have to install them, perhaps they were missed at the factory.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Agree rotor uses M6 bolts on BST wheel for your RC51. My BST’s use those and as Will states the Marchesini style sprockets are used so you will have smaller diameter bolt hole circle. Most of the better sprocket makers have those available. I like my AFAM sprockets and would recommend them.

·
Super Moderator
6,485 Posts
Find the actual size of the front rotor holes. Maybe there were helicoils in there. Are these new?

BST uses marchesini sprockets. Not OEM ones. You'll just need to buy the right one.
My Marchesini 10-spoke front wheel has Helicoil inserts that use OEM rotor bolts (or equiv.) for the front.

My BST front wheel also uses OEM bolts (or equiv.).
Without checking, I suspect they too, use Helicoils in the sprocket mounts.

Don't know why the Helicoils may be missing, unless they got corroded or wrong thread-locker grade was used and got backed out.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
My Marchesini 10-spoke front wheel has Helicoil inserts that use OEM rotor bolts (or equiv.) for the front.

My BST front wheel also uses OEM bolts (or equiv.).
Without checking, I suspect they too, use Helicoils in the sprocket mounts.

Don't know why the Helicoils may be missing, unless they got corroded or wrong thread-locker grade was used and got backed out.
Perhaps they were installed prior to anodizing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts