RC51 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I believe im a few years younger then alot of you guys (28) been thinkin about it alot an ive got a bunch of stuff id like to do within the next 2-3years

1. Go to the track an learn to ride better I am an ok street rider but I know there is alot of room for me to improve plus the track is a better spot to ride aggressive plus i wanna be able to get my knee down

2. Spend a week down at deals gap ridin that road an surroundin area.

3. Ride mullholland hwy an the canyons out that way.

4. Go to a MotoGp or AMA superbike race

5. Go to sturgis rally

Im sure there is more but i cant think right now. Any ideals of other good roads to ride or things to do motorcycle related

What are others bucket list??

Sent from my N860 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Full week at the Isle of Man to watch all of the events.

I have done most of what you mentioned, repeatedly. Sturgis, you'll never catch me there.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Good list but wow, 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 ime ....

I spent 4 years of my life at the track after my first time. It hooked me large and most of my young spending money went that way. Check my sig pic. I do have some bragging rights now. lol. And it was an awesome time.

But I'm a crazy rider. Push it and go was my drug. Maybe your list is a better overall balance.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good list but wow, 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 ime ....

I spent 4 years of my life at the track after my first time. It hooked me large and most of my young spending money went that way. Check my sig pic. I do have some bragging rights now. lol. And it was an awesome time.

But I'm a crazy rider. Push it and go was my drug. Maybe your list is a better overall balance.
Ya im kinda curious if im gonna get bite by the track bug a guy i ride with does 50+ track days a year so i hope he doesnt pass that on to me lol

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
IOM TT RACE'S ARE A MUST...... I am yelling sorry. I get right fired up about the TT's. I was hooked when my father introduced me to them in '89... I am taking my two boys with me when I do eventually get there.
BIG #1 on my bucket list.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
IOM...book the ferry tickets around 2 years in advance, or plan to arrive a long time before and leave some considerable time after the event! :D

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dam u gotta book a trip there 3years in advance :banghead:
I really gotta stop watchin video's of mullholland hwy making me wanna go there more an more

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Well I believe im a few years younger then alot of you guys (28) been thinkin about it alot an ive got a bunch of stuff id like to do within the next 2-3years

1. Go to the track an learn to ride better I am an ok street rider but I know there is alot of room for me to improve plus the track is a better spot to ride aggressive plus i wanna be able to get my knee down

2. Spend a week down at deals gap ridin that road an surroundin area.

3. Ride mullholland hwy an the canyons out that way.

4. Go to a MotoGp or AMA superbike race

5. Go to sturgis rally

Im sure there is more but i cant think right now. Any ideals of other good roads to ride or things to do motorcycle related

What are others bucket list??

Remove getting your knee down and remove sturgis;)

We have the best track / racing instructors around and the thing that they all preach is focus on one skill set at a time from sighting braking breathing relaxing apexing maintanance throttle downshifting picking-up throttle on exit foot position nutrition hydration mental preperation head position hugging the tank loading the pegs E.T.C. ;)

getting a knee down is something that maybe a result of time and happens when it happens, no-one ever puts it on an agenda as a drill. What is so cool about track school is when things all click you are calm and smooth no arm pump no oh shit moments just look and flow...

GOD I MISS IT :(:(:(

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why remove sturgis? I wont be takin the rc51 to sturgis im buyin a cruiser for that kinda stuff because thats the time my father an I can spend together goin to rallies an such, yes he does ride sometimes with me when i take the rc out an he takes out his 1980 kz1000 out but he cant ride that much more then 100miles

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Why remove sturgis? I wont be takin the rc51 to sturgis im buyin a cruiser for that kinda stuff because thats the time my father an I can spend together goin to rallies an such, yes he does ride sometimes with me when i take the rc out an he takes out his 1980 kz1000 out but he cant ride that much more then 100miles

Bein with your pop is cool,but so many people I know are so very dissapointed at the people there and the lack of titties. ;)

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Full week at the Isle of Man to watch all of the events.

I have done most of what you mentioned, repeatedly. Sturgis, you'll never catch me there.:rolleyes:
Yes, I can see where you would confuse them, since your RC51 would combine both performance with less noise. :confused:
However, if you pull off your mufflers and drag your rear brake, you'll fit right in with both noise and lack of go. :D

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Isle of Mann would be the #1 thing on my bucket list.

Been to numerous AMA and 2 MotoGP races. Did a track school back in 96.

Nick

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Yes, I can see where you would confuse them, since your RC51 would combine both performance with less noise. :confused:
However, if you pull off your mufflers and drag your rear brake, you'll fit right in with both noise and lack of go. :D
One must not forget the black leather vest, skid lid and ass-less chaps.:p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts