RC51 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for a functioning, good condition Bursig stand with the correct adapter plate for 02-06 RCs. PM me if you know where I could get new or used.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want that stand too... Freaking epic!
Be aware if you get a message or pm from a new member with 0 post advising that [email protected] has the part it’s a SCAM!! When I posted this request I was contacted by 2 new member both saying a guy had it and a link to their email address. The first one was benmorton at Gmail. I contacted him and he sent me a photo. This was all on iPhone as he said he wasn’t a member. I hesitated a bit when he asked for payment thru Zelle. Had never heard of them but found my bank offered the service so was somewhat reassured. I was one click from sending the money but decided to google Zelle. Consensus was if you know & trust the recipient ok, but if not be aware there are no protections such as PayPal offers. So I bailed. The new member contacted me on pm and I told him why but he said the guy was trustworthy. Didn’t buy it. Today I was thinking about this and googled the other name, [email protected], there was a flood of websites where this same pair of emails came up as scammers. This was a couple car websites and a gun website and so on. This one guy is everywhere. He goes onto a site looking for want to buy posts and then joins under fake info. That member then refers prospective buyers to one of the emails. Just a word to the wise, check it out especially when it’s a 3rd party email etc. Those aren’t all the emails this creep is using but the method seems the same across all the websites I checked.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Be aware if you get a message or pm from a new member with 0 post advising that [email protected] has the part it’s a SCAM!! When I posted this request I was contacted by 2 new member both saying a guy had it and a link to their email address. The first one was benmorton at Gmail. I contacted him and he sent me a photo. This was all on iPhone as he said he wasn’t a member. I hesitated a bit when he asked for payment thru Zelle. Had never heard of them but found my bank offered the service so was somewhat reassured. I was one click from sending the money but decided to google Zelle. Consensus was if you know & trust the recipient ok, but if not be aware there are no protections such as PayPal offers. So I bailed. The new member contacted me on pm and I told him why but he said the guy was trustworthy. Didn’t buy it. Today I was thinking about this and googled the other name, [email protected], there was a flood of websites where this same pair of emails came up as scammers. This was a couple car websites and a gun website and so on. This one guy is everywhere. He goes onto a site looking for want to buy posts and then joins under fake info. That member then refers prospective buyers to one of the emails. Just a word to the wise, check it out especially when it’s a 3rd party email etc. Those aren’t all the emails this creep is using but the method seems the same across all the websites I checked.
I went through the same thing on another forum and went as far as sending payment , then no further contact. Paypal refunded my money.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately, this nonsense is going on all over the internet. Good job doing your homework on these guys.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This same person got me for $280 for an ‘04 front nose cowling. He also got someone else for $750 worth of parts on this forum. We got in touch with one of the admin through a Facebook group and they blocked his account and took not of his IP address but I doubt anything will happen to him. I’m so glad that you didn’t get completely tricked like we did! Lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts