RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys but I just don't ride enough for 2 bikes :eek:, so my RC51 is on the sale block. I just don't ride enough for 2 bikes :eek:

A "buyer" just emailed me:

I hope the Bike is in good condition? and there wont be any cause of disappointment if i purchase the Bike from you? I want to buy the Bike for my daddy as a birthday gift and I am ready to pay the asking price. I'm a Marine Engineer and am currently on sea right now which is strictly no calls. My Mode of payment is PayPal because i don't have access to my bank account online, but i have it attached to my PayPal account. Since I'm requesting this transaction to be done via PayPal, I will be responsible for all the Paypal fees/charges on this transaction, if you don't have an account with paypal, it's pretty easy, safe and secure to open one. Just log on to www.paypal.com. I hope we can make this transaction as fast as possible. Less I forgot, I have a Mover that will come for Bike once payment is cleared in your paypal account and they will be handling the title for me, as I look forward to hearing from you with your paypal information as requested below.​

Smacks of baloney to me ... what say you?

I have a hunch but want to see what y'all think ...

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
I don't know... Seems a little "fishy" to me. Ask if he would send you a substantial deposit via paypal to hold it until he can do a bank draft in person,

If he is legit I don't see why that would be a deal breakier.

Just my .02$ tho....

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Thats 100% SPAM, I had the similar message when I was trying to sell my Repsol one time.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Yuppers, definitely a fake. When I was selling my SP1 I even got fake text messages to my phone. Same crap about PP and having a "shipper" pick up the bike.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
If someone is going to come to your house and get the bike then just email him back and tell him to paypal his friend the cash and have his friend bring you the cash in hand...

Stiff

·
Registered
897 Posts
The first red flag is the awful grammar. I get stuff like this all the time on c-list. They're foreign dudes that don't speak English so they use an online translator, and it never works right. Total scam. I don't have time for people like this!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
897 Posts
Sad that you're selling the rc! Good luck in your future motorcycle endeavors.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Sad to hear you're selling, but stick around here if you do. If I had a way to get it to me, hell, I'd buy it!

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
Sad to hear you're selling, but stick around here if you do. If I had a way to get it to me, hell, I'd buy it!
GLWTS !

HEY Stigmeister, ship it here and we can sit on it until he comes back crying for her :p:D:cool:

·
Administrator
1,238 Posts
The only thing missing is the line about the son that's in the service and he wants to buy him a bike for a surprise...run, don't walk from this one.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
No no, it's cool, that's the same guy that bought my bike! :rolleyes:

(was that me, who brought the cynic?)
:p

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
As the old addage goes, "If it sounds too good to be true.... it usually is". :p

Just face it extrapolator, you're not meant to sell it. Keep it in the garage, it's not depreciating. It's an appreciating asset. I'll even tell you where to get some great bars...
www.convertibars.com - you'd be easily able to make them work how you want on the SP2.

Right - and after you get the new bars you can sell the other kwak fast-depreciating non-asset! :p

·
Registered
510 Posts
Big time scam.

Sorry you have to let the RC go. That is sad :(

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sad that you're selling the rc! Good luck in your future motorcycle endeavors.
Thank you.

Miguel - I like this forum. I'm always checking on the latest posts. I don't see that changing. I'll just be the oddball member who happens to have no RC51 :confused: :rolleyes:

The year of looking and all the threads you want to sell that beauty? Dont do it
I know ... but maybe it was the thrill of the chase? :p

Sorry you have to let the RC go. That is sad :(
I know, but she's gotta go. I appreciate the encouragement (warnings?! :D :eek:) to keep her, but I barely ride enough to justify one bike, and the ZX is the one that "gets" to stay. Also I really don't have enough room for two bikes, and definitely not enough to move around; it's kind of a slot: When I want to ride "the other one" i.e. the one that's further in the garage, I gotta pull the first one out into the driveway, then pull out the riding one, put the first back in, then ride ... kind of a pain in the rump! :D And ... I could use the money :eek:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts