RC51 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok... it's a bike I have always wanted and a VERY new one in appearance is close to me. All service has been done, it has a few nice mods but is VERY original, always garaged and has NO issues in appearance or running.

It has 47k miles, (80 miles to work each day) but all highway (easy) miles.

Condition says 15k, but it's all original.

What do I need to look out for and how are these motors with miles like that? Yes / NO?:cool:

·
Registered
485 Posts
this must be the rc for sale on speedzilla. that bike is clean as hell. yes it does have a lot of miles but you can't looks past how well it has been taken care of

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
I have 30k on mine, not 47K but w/e..........if these bikes are taken care of truly, they will go a ways

·
Registered
110 Posts
Easy highway miles on an RC51?
Yeah right.
47k is a lot. Easy or hard miles.
the engines are generally very strong,as long as you don´t strave them of oil, my racebuddy has a sp1 with 56000 race miles on it, only this vinter he decided to refurbish it,not hat it really needed it:)

·
Registered
170 Posts
My 2 RCs have around 30k and 40k, so I wouldn't be worried about the motors. That one on zilla looks decent, the thing to worry about is if bikes with that many miles have been tracked. Then you can end up with a lot of wear and some sketchy mods.

·
Registered
139 Posts
if it is that one on speedzilla, i also agree that it looks good. although id probably look to pay no more than 3k for it as he is asking 3800. still a good price, but the miles are high.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My next question... How much

I too was thinking of 3k and then seeing if I like it and then selling my 04 SV650 S with full suspension and Yosh... Just not sure. I do track about 3 times a year and will I have issues with the weight? Just a thought... :)

BTW... yes it is on speedzilla. appears very clean. We'll see. 47k is ALOT of miles!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
i say go for it man. if the appearance of the bike is any indication of how well the owner maintained it then i would say you are in good luck. most people who maintain their bikes well do it from top to bottom. these bikes can easily pull 100k for miles so you have plenty of life in the bike (provided it was in fact maintained well).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts