RC51 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've seen this bike in person and it's very difficult to describe. Chrysler do something close called Rock Lobster, but it's more orange than that

·
Registered
66 Posts
I’ve been searching every combination of keywords I can think and trying to compare sample colors to high quality pics of the Suzuka bike. This seems pretty close, but I’m worried about basing it off pictures of both.

Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Orange Automotive lighting Sports equipment Vehicle

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's a difficult one to describe. My understanding is that Cabin colours were devised based on the same logic used for Marlboro red in other motorsports.

Shades of red don't transmit from camera to the TV particularly well, but if you make the shade more orange it looks more red once the image makes its way through a cathode ray tube into living rooms.

Nailing the Cabin colour without the exact paint code is almost a subjective thing. What looks right to you pretty much!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yeah, the Repsol MotoGP orange color is the same. It is absurdly bright in person, but in photos it doesn’t come through. It ends up looking like the orange Honda used on the replica production bikes. (n) I’ll keep digging….

1 - 6 of 6 Posts